On arriving at the hotel having booked a deal on Wotif (listed as 4star) we were dismayed at the dirty reception area and were somewhat worried about whatelse was in store. At reception we were heartened by the welcome provided by staff and opted for a room upgrade at $20 per night for a superior room with a view of the park.
On entering the room I made straight for the bathroom - and horror of horrors the shower cubicle was really mouldy with black silicone seal and a wobbly glass surround, hair in all corners, then I took a look around the room - beside tables really grubby and something sticky on the Tv table that had been wiped but only once judging by the stretched sticky mark - so not very successfully. The carpets throughout the hotel corridors look as though they rarely experience hoovering and the word I would use to describe the cleaning generally is seedy. On going back to reception we were offered another room - no view but an improved bathroom - better but not super - so we asked what we would have got for our standard tariff - and inspected the room - really nasty.... so went back to the middle room. To be fair the staff were very embarrassed and helpful..and on asking the manager gave us an upgraded room with no extra charge... but it would be so simple to put right what is wrong with this hotel.... on the plus side the bed was comfortable and the linens good - towels changed when required etc but such a shame.... close to Lygon Street - try La Notte for breakfast...
The pool had been an attraction when booking - up on the roof and freezing cold .
Also our room / floor had an annoying noise coming from somewhere - every 10 minutes or so.. on checking out we heard another guest complain that her shower room was mouldy so it's a known problem....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges on Swanston having undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment both externally and internally has well and truly positioned itself as a hotel of choice within Melbourne. Blues Bar & Grill has a contemporary feel offering the very best food, service and presentation. The funky bar lounge and great outdoor terrace is very popular. Close to the airport and a short tram into the heart of Melbourne's CBD, makes us a great location for any traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Rydges on Swanston Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges On Swanston Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Rydges On Swanston Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Rydges On Swanston