I stayed at the Quest Southbank at the end of May. We had a 4 night stay which included a Friday night (extremely expensive for same room, purely because it was a Friday which was disappointing). There were 2 apartments between 2 families, as we were there for the gymnastics championships our daughters were competing in. The location was perfect. Very close to the arenas (once we found our way around!) We arrived just after 1pm and were delighted to find our rooms were ready. My apartment was lovely. Very clean, fresh linen and a nice little kitchen. The staff on our arrival were simply lovely, helped us in finding places to get food from etc.
I was not impressed with the $300 insurance money, it was immediately taken from my account, that was money I could have used in Melbourne. It was returned to my account at the end of my stay but I've never had to pay this kind of insurance for a stay anywhere before. This would make me think twice about staying here again, even though it was a nice apartment (not every traveller trashes rooms!!)
I only encountered one staff member who was very abrasive and not at all helpful, but I persisted with my request and she did help in the end. Reading recent entries here, it appears others have had a similar experience with the same person.
Overall, I would recommend the Quest Southbank, however it is tinged with the disappointment of being $300 short throughout my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything is at your doorstep - only moments from Southbank Promenade and its famous Restaurants, The Arts Centre, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Crown Casino and Melbourne’s CBD, Quest Southbank provides 4.5 star spacious and modern apartments in a quiet location for you to relax and enjoy after your busy day.Our prime location provides easy access to public transport - Trains & trams, City Link tollway as well as the MCG, Tennis Centre and Federation Square. Broadband internet access (cable & wireless), Digital TV and Foxtel (8 channels) is available in all apartments. Quest Southbank provides our guests a place to work or entertain, space for the family and to relax - all our apartmnets are non smoking.We also offer a range of Executive Apartments - two and three bedroom executive apartments provide more space internally, superior fitout and views over either the City, the Bay or the Scenic Kings Domain gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Quest Southbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Southbank Melbourne
- Quest Southbank Hotel Melbourne