My partner and I; plus two friends stayed here for our annual trip away. We have previously visited Melbourne with our small group before; and Quest's 2 bedroom apartment was leaps and bounds better than anything we have previously experienced.
Receptionist was lovely, handled a flood of people all at once really well. They still use a proper key system for the rooms which is a bit dated but still fine.
The apartment was so spacious - which needless to say for the price and location of it was a very welcome surprise. It was a bit odd that the ensuit was in the room with the two single beds - but this was fine by us as the two friends which travel with us often miss out on having an ensuit.
Location - amazing. While here we walked to Flinders Station, Swanston Street, Lygon Street, Crown Casino (probably a few too many times), Southbank DFOs plus there is an IGA less than one minute away.
The only thing that prevented this stay from being perfect was the house keeping. When we first checked in there was left over food from previous guests in the cupboards; probably from a hens party as we found all writing about them in the compendium along with a few other unpleasant things. Plus bits and pieces of rubbish like bottle tops around the place - but the important areas like bathroom and beds were fine. The daily service was not done daily; We received a note that service would not be done on the cup day which is fair enough, however after having not received a service on the other days made it hard;especially seeing as when it was done it was a to a fairly unpredictable standard. However we made the most of it and washed our own towels as needed and bagged up our rubbish ourselves and eventually it was collected.
Overall if you are planning any longer term stay, with friends or with family definitely give these guys a try. The housekeeping problems were totally forgivable and the great location with the room set up is just too good to pass up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything is at your doorstep - only moments from Southbank Promenade and its famous Restaurants, The Arts Centre, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Crown Casino and Melbourne’s CBD, Quest Southbank provides 4.5 star spacious and modern apartments in a quiet location for you to relax and enjoy after your busy day.Our prime location provides easy access to public transport - Trains & trams, City Link tollway as well as the MCG, Tennis Centre and Federation Square. Broadband internet access (cable & wireless), Digital TV and Foxtel (8 channels) is available in all apartments. Quest Southbank provides our guests a place to work or entertain, space for the family and to relax - all our apartmnets are non smoking.We also offer a range of Executive Apartments - two and three bedroom executive apartments provide more space internally, superior fitout and views over either the City, the Bay or the Scenic Kings Domain gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quest Southbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Southbank Melbourne
- Quest Southbank Hotel Melbourne