My parents, husband and I stayed one night in a 2 bedroom apartment for an event in the city. The location was quite handy, but a couple of blocks back from the river. Took about 5-10 minutes to walk to the Southgate complex. We were going to take the train, as it would be a short walk from Flinders Street Station, but ended up driving. Paid an extra $20 for car parking at the building. We did get lost trying to get back into reception as one of the doors didn't seem to be working.
The apartment was nice at first glance, but was starting to look a little shabby on closer inspection. One of the bedrooms had a balcony with nice views over the Botanic Gardens. We thought it was a shame they hadn't made the balcony a communal one off the living area. The two bathrooms were a good size, but the shower had very poor pressure. Having said that, my husband said his was ok, so it could have just been that both showers were being used at the same time. The bed was comfy enough and I had a decent sleep.
All staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. And it's always handy having 24/7 reception. There was no problem leaving our car for a couple of hours after we checked out to have some brekky and a wander around Southbank.
I'm not sure how much it was, as it was a gift from my parents, but I suspect it was expensive for what it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything is at your doorstep - only moments from Southbank Promenade and its famous Restaurants, The Arts Centre, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Crown Casino and Melbourne’s CBD, Quest Southbank provides 4.5 star spacious and modern apartments in a quiet location for you to relax and enjoy after your busy day.Our prime location provides easy access to public transport - Trains & trams, City Link tollway as well as the MCG, Tennis Centre and Federation Square. Broadband internet access (cable & wireless), Digital TV and Foxtel (8 channels) is available in all apartments. Quest Southbank provides our guests a place to work or entertain, space for the family and to relax - all our apartmnets are non smoking.We also offer a range of Executive Apartments - two and three bedroom executive apartments provide more space internally, superior fitout and views over either the City, the Bay or the Scenic Kings Domain gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quest Southbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Southbank Melbourne
- Quest Southbank Hotel Melbourne