We stayed four nights in a one bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor facing Kavanagh Street; the apartment was very quiet and had a private balcony opening from the living area.
The apartment was very comfortable and well laid out with a fully equipped kitchen, separate bedroom and living area, and a large bathroom that included washing m/c and dryer. Our apartment was serviced each day with clean towels and ample supplies of toiletries.
WiFi was optionally available in the room but it’s not cheap. No problem here though because there is lots of free WiFi down at Southbank Promenade and in the meantime use of a bit of 3g/4g gets you easily by.
Our stay was in winter (average day time temp 12C) and the apartment was so well insulated that we never had any heating on. A small note of caution though – the location of the dual heating/cooling unit on the wall in the living area indicates that in summer it may take some time for cool air to drift towards the bedroom.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and available 24/7. Entry to the building, which also houses permanent residents, is secured with swipe card access.
It is an easy/comfortable walk to Southbank Promenade and then on to the CBD, or along the Yarra to Rod Laver Arena . The Arts Centre, NGV, and Federation Square are all very close.
At the rear of the apartments (Fawkner Street) in a small shopping arcade is an ATM, IGA Express, a restaurant, a noodle bar. Out from the arcade into City Road is a 7-Eleven - which is just beyond the Aston Martin and Rolls Royce showrooms (worth a photo).
There was often a cab parked outside the front door of the apartments in Kavanagh Street, but in any case there is a large cab rank at Southbank Travelodge (about a 5 minute walk towards the river) and a 10 minute walk to, trams on St Kilda Road and to Flinders St station.
We enjoyed our stay at Quest Southbank, and would return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything is at your doorstep - only moments from Southbank Promenade and its famous Restaurants, The Arts Centre, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Crown Casino and Melbourne’s CBD, Quest Southbank provides 4.5 star spacious and modern apartments in a quiet location for you to relax and enjoy after your busy day.Our prime location provides easy access to public transport - Trains & trams, City Link tollway as well as the MCG, Tennis Centre and Federation Square. Broadband internet access (cable & wireless), Digital TV and Foxtel (8 channels) is available in all apartments. Quest Southbank provides our guests a place to work or entertain, space for the family and to relax - all our apartmnets are non smoking.We also offer a range of Executive Apartments - two and three bedroom executive apartments provide more space internally, superior fitout and views over either the City, the Bay or the Scenic Kings Domain gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Quest Southbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Southbank Melbourne
- Quest Southbank Hotel Melbourne