I have just read some previous reviews before I posted mine and I have to say I am very impressed that the manager replies to all the negative comments made, it shows they care. I stayed on the 9th floor of Quest Southbank with my elderly mother and 9 year old son. It is very conveniently located for Southbank and Melbourne CBD. The room was light, airy and spacious with a large table and good size bedrooms. The laundry facilities are excellent and the rooms were clean and pleasant. Our room overlooked City Road, which is an extremely busy road with loud lorries coming through day and night. The soundproofing wasn't great and I found it quite hard to get used to the noise. However I requested to move to the other side of the building and the staff quickly found me an alternative room. But the room was smaller and not as nice so we decided to stay put. The other negatives were the shower did drench the floor but we rectified that, the balcony table was broken and there were quite a few light bulbs gone. Also my one bug bear is that wifi was charged at $13 a day. I really think that it is unfair to charge this amount when we are already paying a considerable amount for the room. I know it is quite common in Australia, but it is something I really object to. Apart from that I would highly recommend this apartment and the staff on the front desk were extremely accommodating and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything is at your doorstep - only moments from Southbank Promenade and its famous Restaurants, The Arts Centre, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Crown Casino and Melbourne’s CBD, Quest Southbank provides 4.5 star spacious and modern apartments in a quiet location for you to relax and enjoy after your busy day.Our prime location provides easy access to public transport - Trains & trams, City Link tollway as well as the MCG, Tennis Centre and Federation Square. Broadband internet access (cable & wireless), Digital TV and Foxtel (8 channels) is available in all apartments. Quest Southbank provides our guests a place to work or entertain, space for the family and to relax - all our apartmnets are non smoking.We also offer a range of Executive Apartments - two and three bedroom executive apartments provide more space internally, superior fitout and views over either the City, the Bay or the Scenic Kings Domain gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quest Southbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Southbank Melbourne
- Quest Southbank Hotel Melbourne