“Beautiful hotel in a gorgeous location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quay West Suites Melbourne

You added Quay West Suites Melbourne to your Saves list
Quay West Suites Melbourne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Southgate Avenue, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Special Offer
SUPER SALES : 30% OFF
Ranked #6 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Payette, Idaho
“Beautiful hotel in a gorgeous location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at this wonderful hotel while on a vacation in Melbourne and were so shocked when we walked into our suite and saw the beautiful river and the city skyline out our door! All we wanted to do was sit out on our balcony with a glass of wine and enjoy our beautiful view! And Garren and Claire and all the staff were simply amazing and helpful!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the river/city skyline suites-well worth the cost!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne.
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. The view form the balcony is great so we pleased oyu enjoyed it. Garren and his team will be thrilled with the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night before flying to London. A travel cot was provided for our 12 month old son, and the large bed was very comfortable. We had a view of the city, including from the bath (I wasn't brave enough to leave the blind up though!)

Kitchen facilities were good, although Southgate is just next door so we got takeaway. I would definitely recommend Quay West for families as the location is perfect and the kitchen/washing machine facilities mean you can cater for most child-related emergencies!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a city view :)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Quay West Suites Melbourne. we appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, as guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards to ensure we are proving our guests with what they want.

We are also pleased to know that the family was well catered for and you used the facilities of the washer/dryer which is very handy .

We hope to see you in Melbourne again soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in Quay West suites going for a high level city/river view suite. It was our second time. Again we had a great stay enjoying the excellent location and facilities. Tim, was especially helpful in moving us after 2 nights to suite 1410 which had the more understanding views. Overall the staff are 'top notch' being consistently friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Again we made good use of the well eqipped gym.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms ending in "10" offer the best views, e.g. 1410.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Quay West Suites Melbourne. We were delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay and that various members of our staff were more than helpful with any of your requests; it’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your comments will be shared with all of our team. and in particular to Tim.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This is my third stay at Quay West Suites. So they must be doing something right. I experienced none of the problems that the previous reviewer did. I have found the bed linens quite luxurious. I too stayed in a Deluxe Suite. This is not the most expensive suite at all. There are others that have better views of the city and river. However, we were in room 1201 which did have some views of the river.
Our suite was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean.
I will agree with the previous comment about the doorstops placement in the bathroom. I did manage to tread on it a couple of times in bare feet.
Only a couple of small gripes this time around.
There has always been three of us staying each time in a one bedroom suite. The sofa bed has always been made up but not this time. My daughter phoned reception and was spoken to quite abruptly and the reply was that they only do this upon request. I don't know if they expected the three of us girls to have shared the same bed.
When the bedding arrived it was just handed to my daughter by I assume the same gentleman with a "you'll make it up yourself then?" Hmmmm.
Only one other gripe and we had to also call down for an iron which was missing from its usual spot in the wardrobe.
Apart from these two hiccups no other complaints. Smooth check in and smooth late check out, which was very much appreciated
The Welcome Drink Voucher was also a nice little touch.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. We note your commnets regarding the sofa bed and this should ahve been made up prior to your arrival, please accpet my apologies as this is not the standtad we aspire to here at Quay West Suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you are looking to walk around the Melbourne City Centre you can't beat the location. Also being a 1 bedroom suite you get a lounge room & kitchen area to make you feel more at home. An ideal location, walk to restaurants & food court in Southbank, short walk across bridge to catch the free city tram & see Federation Square. If you only ever get 1 trip to Melbourne this is the location to stay at. Not the cheapest hotel but definitely one of the best locations.

Room Tip: City view room, sit on the balcony & have a coffee & watch the world go by
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and found the location to be convenient. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team.

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future welcoming you back in the future
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We recently spent a night at Quay West to tie in with a night concert at the Arts Centre. The location could not have been closer to the Arts Centre if it tried!

We had booked a lunch at one of the Southbank restaurants for 1pm and arrived at the hotel to see if we could store our bags somewhere. Reception were very helpful and said she would check to see if our room was ready, and if it was we could check in early. The room was ready so we were able to check in before heading off for a relaxing lunch.

The hotel is located in the heart of Southbank so there a multitude of choices for lunch or dinner.

The suite had ample room and a full size fridge and kitchen area. We had paid for the city and river view and I was definitely not disappointed. The view in the daytime was great, but at night time it was another thing altogether.

The staff were all very helpful. From reception, to the valet parker who helped me retrieve a bag from my car that I had forgotten to bring in, to the technician who came up to assist when the DVD player was not transmitting through the TV. All requests were fulfilled with a minimum of fuss.

I thoroughly enjoyed my night there and will definitely return again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
AU
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had some genuine issues with my stay here:

- No duvet cover: I've never staying in a hotel of any class that didn't have proper duvet covers. This was a duvet between 2 sheets, and that doesn't work, that's why they invented the duvet cover. It made for a disgusting night's sleep.

- Dirty bathroom: This was horrible, by some bizarre design, there is a door stop right in front of the toilet. That's weird enough. But if you're going to put a door step there, you have to clean it, which they don't seem to do. Which means in turn it is caked in other guests' pee and other dirt from the floor.

Revolting.

Your clothes come into proximity with it, given its location. I have uploaded a photo (a bit shaky but you can see it caked in dirt).

- Not 5 star rooms: I booked their top room, a "Deluxe Suite", which has a rate of $400 a night, which is a comparable rate with 5 star hotels. The actual bedroom portion of it was small and pokey (the rest of the apartment is larger), so it wasn't pleasant to sleep in. There was no decor like in the photos, no pictures on the wall. Just a whitewashed room with a bed in it (there was a grey plasticky decal on one wall which added nothing). I don't understand what the difference between a 2 star whitewashed room with a bed in it, and a 5 star one. It felt like a 2 star night's sleep, at $400. It was actually quite nasty in that respect.

The good: location is excellent. Other places share that location. The pool was very nice indeed. And warm, so points for that for sure. I couldn't find the towels, but likely they were there, I just couldn't find them.

Long story short, some issues there for sure. I didn't feel like a $400 "deluxe" five star experience to me, perhaps other people are more impressed by blank whitewashed decor than I am.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review about Quay West Suites Melbourne..

It is disappointing to read that you will not enjoy oyur stay with us. We will be upgrading our bathrooms in the very near future along with a soft refurbishment of some items . We always appreciate when guests tell us when our services are not the way they expect. Hopefully one day you return and we can change your opinion of our hotel.

Been to Quay West Suites Melbourne? Share your experiences!