“Fantastic place to stay- except for wifi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quay West Suites Melbourne

You added Quay West Suites Melbourne to your Saves list
Quay West Suites Melbourne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Southgate Avenue, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Special Offer
Early Booking
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
“Fantastic place to stay- except for wifi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My only negative comment is that this hotel does not offer free wifi(or even cheap wifi at that). They did provide an Ethernet cable, but that doesn't quite help with an iPad. :P and I guess the gym could be a bit bigger- I felt like the guy on the treadmill beside me was chasing me or hovering over my shoulder- great equipment though.

Now for all of the positives- I've never stayed in a cleaner hotel. That may be the biggest turn on or turn off of all hotels- but the cleanliness here was phenomenal. The rooms are a great size with a nice and opened layout. The beds are comfy with three pillow types to choose from (this is great as there is a pillow for every type of sleeper). They have black out blinds and curtains on all windows if you want to sleep in which is really nice for jet lag. The pool, spa and sauna are fantastic as well as the hotel location in regards to running paths.

All-in-all, I enjoyed my stay at Quay West, but I must say that they get a gold star for going above and beyond. I was sent o Australia for work and it just so happened that I would miss my birthday at home. My boyfriend called on the evening of my birthday around 6pm and asked the concierge if he could get flowers delivered to me for my birthday. The concierge told my boyfriend that he would try to get them that evening, but if he couldn't, I would get them the next day..... I got roses at 9PM on my birthday. That's great service.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Right on the banks of the river Yarra on the fashionable southbank and a short stroll across the footbridge to the Melbourne trams and shops. Lovely serviced apartment with great views. Very good staff who were really friendly and helpful, Very clean and had good facilities such as washing machine etc Pool and fitness suite

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you want great staff where nothing is to much trouble clean quiet and superb location for getting anywhere around Melbourne look no further you've found it.Views of the city and river are fabulous.Walking distance to the MCG Crown Casino and if you are up to it even Etihad Stadium Docklands. If going to Etihad at Docklands take a River Taxi which can drop you within 300mtrs of the stadium or catch a tram which can get you even closer. Breakfast was terrific but there are plenty of places at Southbank to eat if you want to try something different. Cannot speak highly enough of our say here just fantastic.We have stayed here before and it was pleasing to find the standards have been maintained.

Room Tip: Request a room from floor 9 up with river and city views you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great location, great facilities, very comfortable and quiet but the stand out was the staff - professional hospitality at its best . Very friendly and helpful - high attention to detail with a genuine regard for their guests - thanks J & A

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. We would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, your comments will be passed on with appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night and must say was very surprised at the quality of the hotel for the price we paid. The standard rooms have plenty of space and include a desk, couch, sink and accessible balcony. The bathrooms are roomy with great water pressure and include a bath tub. The location is great just behind the Arts Centre in Southgate and close to the CBD and Crown Casino. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne. It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable and you enjoyed the comfort of the suites.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at the Quay West with my 3 daughters recently. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and there was a nice view of the river from the balcony. The location was great. Just a short walk to numerous restauants and just a short walk across the river to the city.
My only complaint was that I booked a 2 bedroom suite, however was given a 1 bedroom suite and a studio suite next to each other linked by a main door to both. Each of the suites however had there own lock which meant using the keycard to gain entry every time we went from one to another. The main door at the fronts lock was also broken which meant the other 2 doors had to kept locked. This wasn't such an issue as my daughters are older but would be totally unsuitable for a family with small children. If booking a 2 bedroom suite I would confirm that it is an actual 2 bedroom in the same apartment.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay. It was nice to learn that we met your expectations across many levels. We note your comments regarding our two bedroom suites and we are sorry you experienced an issue with the door lock between the suites. This suite should only require one key on the interconnecting door that joins the suites.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at Quay West Suites for my birthday and was pleasantly surprised. The room was wonderful, spacious and had beautiful views. The location is fantastic however it is slightly dated. The lobby isn't all that flash but overall I was pleased with my stay at Quay West.
If you're after a conveniently located place to stay in Melbourne with lots of space I would recommend Quay West.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Quay West Suites Melbourne? Share your experiences!