“Great location, great rooms and staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quay West Suites Melbourne

You added Quay West Suites Melbourne to your Saves list
Quay West Suites Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Southgate Avenue, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location, great rooms and staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A very nice place to stay right on the Yarra. Close to the MCG, with in walking distance to Federation Square, train station, trams and City. Beautiful rooms, especially if like us, you need a little space around you and find apartments or suites preferable. Lovely room with everything you need, dressing gowns and slippers as well as fully decked out kitchen, laundry and furnished balcony. Restaurant on site and lots of lovely and varied cafes and restaurants very close by. Overall I would highly recommend this property and will visit again myself.

Room Tip: Ask helpful staff for advise on this one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It is nice to know that we provided the appropriate level of service throughout your stay; your comments will be shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Quay West Suites Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I chose Quay West Suites due to the locality to the Hamer Hall, for a concert we were attending. I have stayed in a few other accommodations in the vicinity, and put this one high on the list of favourite experiences. The service from the staff was excellent and couldn't be more helpful. The suite was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and very clean and well kept.
I have since recommended Quay West to my friends and collegues.
Breakfast at the Jarrah restaurant was very enjoyable. Valet parking makes it easy.
I will definetly consider this accommodation when next staying in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Corner suite had a great view of the river and part of Swanston Street, also had view of St Kilda Ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Whenever I stay in Melbourne my choice of accommodation is Quay West. Whilst the suites are apartments with fully equipped kitchens etc. the suites are fully serviced on a daily basis and the hotel restaurent is superb for all meals. The swimming pool and spa are wonderful also.
With it being centrally located - 5 minutes walk from Federation Square - it is great for both business meetings and/or family vacations.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above level 6 if you can to fully enjoy the views over the Yarra and city skyline.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay.
It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed four nights with my two teenaged children in a 1 bedroom suite. We had everything we needed for a pleasant and relaxing stay. The room was clean and surprisingly quiet.
The kitchen was well equipped. It had everything we needed to prepare a light meal. I prepared breakfast/lunch every morning before we headed out for our daily adventures. There was also a dishwasher and washer/dryer.
I was a bit apprehensive about the location when I booked the hotel but my concerns evaporated the first day we set out to explore the city. The hotel is only a few minutes to Flinders Street station and the CBD yet it was far enough away that its surrounding was quiet. There was also plenty of eateries close by. The hotel was very convenient for public transport, local attraction, shopping and restaurants.
The hotel staffs were helpful, friendly and attentive. The check in and out was efficient. I will not hesitate to book this hotel next time I am in Melbourne.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

An extended weekend in Melbourne and we chose Quay West Suites. Good choice! A friendly greeting on arrival (and a nice upgrade!) set the tone for the rest of our stay. Front desk staff always bright and friendly. A blown light bulb fixed in a flash, and taxis quickly sorted.
Our room was great. Roomy, bright, well equipped, clean. We like the place!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet upper level. Very quiet. Good views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne.
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed two nights at this hotel and it was perfectly positioned within walking distance of Federation square, MCG, Southbank resteraunts and trams to anywhere throughout the city. The staff were fantastic and I highly recommend a stay here. I had a self contained suite which I didnt use however the views of the city at night were impressive.

Room Tip: Go for a river view suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards.

Welook forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any future visits you may make to Melbourne.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Enjoyed our time at Quay West Suite. Stayed on 13th floor with view of the city. Great central location for access to the Melbourne CBD. 1 bedroom was a good size with plenty of room. Room cleanliness was okay, not brilliant (stained towel and couch). Staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I would also like to express my sincere apologies for our oversight with the cleanliness of the suite in particular the stained towel and couch, I will personally follow these items with our housekeeping team. Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards so I appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Quay West Suites Melbourne? Share your experiences!