Purpose of trip: MELB MARATHON - Hotel Location Southbank.What can I say? These guys are infailble especially if you are a family traveling with small kids. We checked in on a Saturday night. Upon our arrival we were welcomed by name and given a COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE to *wait for it* a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom suite on the 21st floor! OMG! Think penthouse without a butler It was WOW! Separate HUGE kitchen with eating area AND formal dining room 2 bathrooms a large laundry complete with accessories and 3 bedrooms -2 x king beds and 1 x twin king singles. If you are travelling in a group this is a fantastic option! My hubby loved the galley kitchen as he travels alot and likes to cook when he is on land! Kitchen complete with smeg dishwasher and fab full size fridge/freezer and excellant cooking facilities. They also have a pantry service you just email your shopping list and your groceries are delivered to your door! If you are looking for an apartment with the benefits of a hotel folks look no further! Pool/gym was easy access as usual and well maintained. We had 3 balconies to view the beautiful city of Melbourne from our room -which faced the river and Federation Square. Room service was up to its usual high standard and was delivered within 35 mins of being ordered. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys their consistant HIGH level of hospitality stands out in a busy city full of hotels.Valet parking is great and these guys take it seriously, youre not left standing around on the footpath like other 5 star hotels waiting waiting...for your car when you have somewhere you need to be. The hotel is 5-10 mins walk to Flinders St Station and Federation Square. Going in the other direction is National Gallery and Vic Arts Centre and is again about 5-10 min walk from hotel. Trams are adjacent to Flinders Street station Vic Arts Centre and Fed Square. Its so easy to get around from this location.There is a rent a bike rack outside the Vic College of the Arts which is on the next corner up from the NGV.Location is excellant. Hospitality excellant and the rooms are of a high standard in quality furnishings as well as cleanliness. I wont lie, weve thought about trying other 5 star hotels on Southbank when our son is not in tow BUT really WHY would we stay anywhere else when everything we need is there at Quay West AND if you have any special requests (like a dozen long stem red roses on Valentines Day) they will oblige discreetly and with a smile!I ts good to know you can get the same level of service every time and avoid the disappointment that can occur whilst staying in a big 5 star hotel chain. Concierge and Reception staff are happy friendly and well trained at this hotel. Thank you so much for another stress free stay guys and the complimentary upgrade we really appreciated the gesture! We will be back! The McIntyre Family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne