Stayed on a Fri/Sat/Sun night for our annual getaway and xmas shopping trip and decided to spoil ourselves a little this year. Overall a very good experience except for a couple of minor details.
Pluses - staff very courteous and professional; check in fact and easy; rooms very neat, clean and tidy; heavenly bed did not disappoint-extremely comfortable; great city location.
Peaceful sleep. Like the option of forgoing housekeeping to gain extra SPG points.
Bath a good size, fits two (just)
Minuses - Rooms need a clock next to the bed so that if you wake up in the dark, you don't have to forage for your phone and spectacles to check the time;
extra power points needed beside bed for recharging of phones;
toilet flush buttons poorly positioned, in that have to move seat and cover to access buttons, or go like a girl and leave seat down all the time;
Key cards did not work all the time in lifts. Had to go to reception twice to have checked - first said nothing wrong with them, second time had a new card issued;
When about to check out, called for a luggage trolley as we had all our christmas shopping to cart down from 6th floor. Never arrived and we had to make two trips down.
Valet parking $50 per night. Not an option for us, too expensive, parked one block away at 114 Flinders St for $15 for Fri, sat nights and all day Sun.(pre book online).
Appears minuses outweigh the pluses but would definitely stay again next year.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel
- Westin Melbourne
- Melbourne Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, chic and elegantly understated, The Westin Melbourne’s dramatic staircase and light filled lobby overlooking the vibrant City Square sets the tone for one of Australia’s leading hotels. Boasting 262 luxurious guest rooms, the award winning property is surrounded by theatres, galleries, designer boutiques and the city’s finest attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Westin Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.