I recently turned 29 and decided to have a High Tea and chose the Westin as their high tea looked great. I booked for 15 people and explained that there would be 10 - 15. I then asked for a confirmation email to be sent which they agreed, nothing was received so i called 2 days later, nothing again, then i had to call a week later and finally received 2 days later! I was advised credit card needed to hold booking in case of a no shoe because they are "extremely busy on saturdays" I called on the Satu;rday morning to advise in advance that only 12 people to speak to a snotty, rude and ignorant receptionist advising that they were still going to charge for remaining 3 people...when I explained that it was an amendment and not a no show her rudeness elevanted and started arguing with me on the phone. She referred to the email which included this "small print" which did not include anything at this respect. I advised I wanted to speak to a manager (this being the morning of the high tea) and she said he would call me at 12...1pm hit and still no call...so I had to call and speak to the bar supervisor who was not apologetic of bad service and after several twoing and froing eventually agreed to it... Ironically, when we had the high tea the food was lovely and get this...we were the ONLY people having high tea there. Must say I have had a lot of experiences with 4/5 star hotels and always been treated very courteously but this was an absolute joke. Based on service alone, i would never go back!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel
- Westin Melbourne
- Melbourne Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, chic and elegantly understated, The Westin Melbourne’s dramatic staircase and light filled lobby overlooking the vibrant City Square sets the tone for one of Australia’s leading hotels. Boasting 262 luxurious guest rooms, the award winning property is surrounded by theatres, galleries, designer boutiques and the city’s finest attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Westin Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.