“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Melbourne

You added The Westin Melbourne to your Saves list
The Westin Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Having booked this on short notice for business due a mess with another property, we found the property to be brilliant. From their massive driveway to reception, everything was immaculate, modern and what you'd expect from a truly five star product. Located at the foot of the boutique shopping street, The Westin Melbourne is perfect for all occasions.
The wonderful service all the way through checkin, concierge for advice and even the simple warm greetings by their door staff, it was a memorable stay even for a business trip.
The cafe in the lobby is of particular note, especially for those inclined for superb teas and cakes, as is their a la carte in room dining. Efficient, professional and class. Highly recommend

Room Tip: As is the case with many of the Westin branded properties, views are not their forte. All of their r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Sydney, Australia
2,664 reviews 2,664 reviews
1,200 helpful votes 1,200 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Always love it here - it is my favourite for location - close to restaurants,Melbourne's arcades and alley ways, theatre, shopping - it's the heart of Melbourne.
Facilities are good - the swimming pool and gym are first class.
The breakfast is also better than most hotel buffets which I invariably avoid.
The rooms are always good but my favourite aspect is probably the team atmosphere.
It is not an impersonal international chain - each time I come, I am welcomed like an old friend and that makes the stay so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Westin in December 2012 only for 1 night although we had booked 3 nights. First they gave us a room with the view onto a huge parking garage in the back of the house because we asked for a quiet room. The view was really ugly so we moved to a room in front of the building. There it was exstremely loud, Christmas carols from morning to night, tram, traffic noise and drunken people at night. At breakfast only the first cappucino was included in the room with breakfast price and for the second cappucino one had to pay, which we found very strange. When we checked out, the bill was 80 Dollars higher than offered in the internet because they made a mistake. After we complained they gave us the correct price on the bill. After this unpleasant experience we moved to the Lyall Hotel in South Yarra and had a very good time for the next few days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great comfortable hotel. We stayed in a delux King for 3 nights. Comfortable, great location and absolutely fantastic staff. In fact, the friendliness and attitude of all staff from porters and cleaners to management just made our stay. Modern classic room layouts (no executive levels) and a great pool and gym. Will stay again - Westin is the hotel of choice and this one did not disappoint. Only tips I would give to the hotel is to not let the room doors slam (although you never hear anything from anyone else) and to have more staff around after midnight as the place can feel deserted. Great base for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I would choose a deluxe King - home away from home very comfortable
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here whilst in Melbourne for work recently. The check-in was good - I was explained my room type and they offered to move me to a better room that was available. The bed was comfortable and breakfast room service was always on time. I was very happy during my stay.

I chose to do the express check out given I had a 7.30am meeting on the day of departure. This has since caused me quite a headache. I requested that I get the original bill mailed to me as well as a copy emailed to me. Neither arrived. Having chased the hotel twice I was emailed a scanned copy of a print out which is not accepted by my expense team. I am still chasing a proper invoice so I can get my expenses paid to me. Unfortunately this has left me out of pocket so it's unlikely I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had 2 stays in different rooms. Room to the front (large window instead of balkone) was larger, but still not special, except for the great, large windows and view. Location is perfect, Old Building very nice. Gym/SPA better than average. However no Executive Lounge or similar with Free Snacks and Drinks, as normal in this class of hotel.

Receptionist refused to give me Suite upgrades, although I should get them as Platinum member, claiming that they were not avalable although could be booked online.

Otherwise, everything was good, but not extraordinary or luxury. Would rather rate it as a good 4 star hotel. Westin in Sydney plays in another League.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Westin on our visit back to Australia for Christmas.
Having stayed in other Westin hotels around the world, I must stay this was the best!

The rooms are enormous, and with an interconnecting room for the kids, we had the most space we've ever had, outside booking a serviced apartment!

The room service menu has a great, clever Kids menu, as it's not just for little kids. My 11 year old was thrilled to see Steak on the kids menu. Bravo Westin, nice to see other options aside from Fish and Chips, Chicken Nuggest and Spaghetti Bolognese! ( Although the Kids Pizza was $29 for a Margherita, while the Steak was $16!!?? )

The service overall was lovely, and the other great thing about this fine hotel is it's location.....right in the heart of the Melbourne CBD, with everything at your fingertips.

Oh, and the beds.....sigh! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a Cathedral View, stunning!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Melbourne? Share your experiences!