“A lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Melbourne

You added The Westin Melbourne to your Saves list
The Westin Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
1 Week Only: From $245
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Westin Melbourne for my Birthday and had a wonderful experience. It was so refreshing to find young staff who were not "too cool" to chat and they were all very helpful, especially the guys out the front of the hotel, really a pleasure to see. Our balcony room was delightful, spacious and very well appointed. If you want fresh air at night (as we both hate hotel air conditioning) it may be a little noisy but what can you expect in the heart of a city. If you love people watching you must book a balcony room. The breakfast quality was high, not your usual buffet fare and the morning staff were so helpful, and always quick to seat you and the espresso coffee was really good (which you seldom find in hotels). They even have lots of healthy options, I had an egg white omelet, it was really delicious. Good work Westin, I had almost given up on hotel but you have restored my faith (for the time being). Oh and the lobby bar serves great bubbles.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air book a balcony room but be prepared for a little city noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Main Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had two nights here early in Dec and was very impressed.
The room was very well appointed and the king bed was wonderfull.
Excellent service, valet car parking and breaky was great.
Had a short business meeting in the lobby area. Really nice place to meet. plenty of private areas, comfy chairs, good coffee, etc.
Definatly will be back next time in Melb

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Loved this hotel. Central, stylish and very well appointed. I think it is wrong to ask guests already paying $40 for breakfast to pay for a second latte. Should be included as I don't think what we both ate was really worth $80. A touch disappointing.

Room Tip: Definitely one facing either Collins St or Swanston St.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently booking a couple of rooms for a birthday celebration.
In the days leading up, as well as at time of booking I made them aware this was a special stay for birthday occasion with their response being that they'd look after us on this special occasion.
I was not expecting anything until then.
Upon arrival there was not one mention of it. Like I said I had no expectations prior to the email, then I expected maybe just a "happy birthday". But nothing. It was somewhat disappointing as nor did the receptionist welcome me to the hotel or ask how I was. It was a transaction and it left me feeling a very cold vibe. This is a minor issue and only is it an issue because I have stayed here previously and had the most amazing service from all encountered but I felt like the standards have slipped.
I also was disappointed in the housekeeping because every day our room was serviced it seemed all they did was make the beds. Our amenitys were not topped up and there was plastic rubbish left from opening the bar of soap etc. little things that you would assume of you saw rubbish that the cleaner would throw it. We had a week long stay & it got quite frustrating that it continually happened.
Bell boys were lovely and welcoming as they were last time.
I was just slightly disappointed by quality of service received by the front desk & housekeeping.
Another disappointment was that the Martini Bar was closed. And right up until 25th jan.
This was disappointing as we were really looking forward to this aspect of the hotel and not once in the lead up to our stay were we notified of its closure, not in email correspondence or on the website. Just a let down if prior to arrival it's something you have in your plans.
As I said, I've travelled here before and had an amazing stay. But this time, not so much.

• Stayed January 2013
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I arrived at the Westin running away from another shabby hotel in town, and as usual I felt back home. I love the Westin and this one is no exception.

The location is simply fantastic, our room was overlooking one of the main streets in the center, with a XMas fair just below us and the church on the side. The rooms are nicely appointed, spacious with nice amenities and bathroom. The only regret is that they do not have an executive floor and executive lounge, otherwise my rating for this hotel would be a 5.

I arrived without booking, as I said running away from another place, and the girl at the reception was very helpful to find me a good room at a good rate. Also we forgot a sweater in the room and they Fedex it to another hotel in Sydney where I would be arriving in some days. Very nice touch.

The location is perfect, right in the center, near Federation Square, few minutes waling anywhere from bars, cafes, shopping area and even (if you like to walk) Victoria Market.

Unfortunately another reason for not rating the place 5, is the Breakfast buffet. Nice one, but not at the level of other Westin around.

We really enjoyed the place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here on 31/12/12 and 1/12/13 for the first time. We had a westin spa studio and were blown away with the size of the room, location and amenities. We overlooked St. Pauls Cathedral on one corner and Swanton on the other side. The room was spacious and had everything that we wanted. The staff were very professional and friendly. We can't wait to stay there again, if not before then definitely on New Years Eve 2013

Room Tip: The Spa studio's are expensive but well worth the cost. Won't stay in any other room size
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here in a room on Level 3 in late December. This was our third stay at The Westin and we weren't disappointed.

As with our previous stays, the service was first class. At all times, all staff encounted during our stay were very professional and friendly.

Our room overlooked St Pauls Cathedral and had a juliette balcony. The room was well appointed and quiet.

Breakfast was included in our room rate - the selection catered to all tastes.

We're looking forward to our next visit to Melbourne - and of of course, our next stay at The Westin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Melbourne? Share your experiences!