“SPG qualified” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Melbourne

You added The Westin Melbourne to your Saves list
The Westin Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Sense of Summer from $285
Ranked #19 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Shanghai, China
“SPG qualified”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Be a SPG member, booking hotels for me is easier by app now :)

I stayed in westin Melbourne for 7 nights as my 1st stop in Aussie for x'mas holiday. It locates in Collin street which is indeed the city center. You could reach many arractions by foot, and train station is just behind, from which I also went to famous Chapel street and Prahram market.

The SkyBus + hotel shuttle, you could arrive at hotel in a n extremely convenient way, good!

I didn't hav chance to try hotel breakfast while my friend did, she was very satisfied with it.

The room is spacious, as well as the bath room, really rare size in city center. And I'm happy with all staff there, they were friendly and kind.

Oh there is a restaurant next to hotel names Ezard, if you wanna some fine dining, try it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

One of the best hotel to stay in. Rooms are big and very comfortable bed. Good Location and staff are very friendly. On arrival to the hotel i by mistake took someone else baggage.The Concierge help me to get my Baggage and courier the baggage of the person i got by mistake.
Would like to thank all the Concierge team and the reception. Excellent Customer service. Would definatly come back to stay in this hotel again and this time it will not be a business trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently visited Melbourne for a work function held at the Westin. Included was one night's accommodation in a Westin King Room.
I found the service to be efficient and helpful and the room spacious and luxurious - especially the gigantic bathroom. My room was located to the rear of the property, overlooking a lightwell/courtyard and driveway. I was happy to sacrifice a view for peace and quiet. I couldn't hear noise from any surrounding room either - bliss!
The location on Swanston street is fantastic, a short walk or tram ride to Federation Square, Bourke St shopping and Melbourne's famed laneway bars.
A lovely extra touch was a plate of fresh afternoon tea treats (hand made macarons, dried fruit and nuts) sent to my room courtesy of the hotel.
I love that a 'late' checkout of 11am is standard, and the beds are as good as they are claimed to be.
As it was such a short stay, I did not utilise many hotel facilities, however the business centre was adequate for my needs.
I'd happily stay at the Melbourne Westin again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I regularly at the Westin when I am in Melbourne for business or pleasure. I love its convenient location, its access to the sites, shopping and generally a good place to start and end the day with. The welcome is Westin "wow' and the staff are friendly, courteous and genuine. The porters/concierge folks tend I think to focus too much on the 'tips' and I have in the past had the displeasure of encountering one porter who was visibly upset when i didn't tip him (Westin GM note, he still works for you!) Otherwise its a great place to hang out..have a martini in the martini bar and decompress in the Gym and spa and great pool ( 25M) which is great for lapping.

Room Tip: the King Deluxes are open, fresh and have great views. Bathrooms are large!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WestinMel, Manager at The Westin Melbourne, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer. We are pleased to provide a refreshing oasis in Melbourne’s city centre and we are delighted you recognize our luxurious facilities and unsurpassed location. Thank you for your comments about the experience you encountered with our associates – we would like to correct this immediately. Please feel free to contact our General Manager so we can investigate this further, as we strongly believe this attitude should not be tolerated among our associates and we would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.
Berry NSW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at the Westin Melbourne on Dec 9th asking on booking if at all possible could I have an early check in by 2.45 as I had to be in a cab by 3.30 to a very special party...asked again when I arrived at Melb airport and was advised they would try...Fortunately a daughter was also booked in and as a Starwood Member was given her room at 1.30pm . My other daughter and I had to shower/dress in her room as our room was not ready until 4pm.....after we had left in the cab. Management said they had given an upgrade? dubious as it looked what I had paid for ...a late check out ??? + 2 Pimms . On further discussion I did not have to pay for an additional breakfast but for sure I will not stay at the Westin in Melbourne again...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Regarding the check in delay, we do apologize for your experience. We will certainly review the overall performance of this service to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward. We hope you do consider staying with us again and on your next occasion we can make it an even better experience for you. Be well.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had the opportunity for a rare night away from the kids so we wanted to stay somewhere a bit special. The Westin did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Our room was pretty much what you would expect for a five star, the bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was amazing! Loved that shower.
The location is fantastic, walking distance to a variety of great restaurants, bars and theatres. There is also a great martini bar on site which was a good way to kick off the night.
I would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to provide such special feedback. We are delighted you experienced a fulfilling stay in every way at The Westin Melbourne and visiting our wonderful city. Melbourne always has so much on in the theatres, art exhibitions, ballet, jazz and let’s not forget the fabulous shopping. By the way, there are “hidden secret laneway tours” if you wish to learn the history and the tours are very informative. You may also purchase additional products from the Heavenly Bed range to complete your Westin experience at home – please enquire directly with our Business Centre. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next family getaway. Be well.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great hotel - perfect location, you can walk to Southbank, Victoria market, chinatown and of course right in the center of the downtown CBD. Room was big and good views. I would have given 5 stars if they had an outdoor pool. Staff had the exact right level of involvement (when needed and not if not).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer. We are pleased you had a fulfilling stay and enjoyed our instinctive service, renewing facilities and central location amongst some of Melbourne’s finest attractions. Due to the chilly weather in Melbourne most of the time, we think our indoor pool is more suitable for guest to be able to enjoy our facilities all year round. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Be well.

Been to The Westin Melbourne? Share your experiences!