- You'll be impressed with how spacious the rooms are.
- Really well thought out function of room amenities (what is placed where, etc.).
- The rooms are really clean. I am not sure if the hotel (or the room I was in) was newly renovated but it sure does feel like it.
- Although it is right in the middle of the city center, it still feels very quiet. Feels like a boutique hotel.
- Service is efficient and friendly. The concierge will remember your name if you chat with them long enough. Way to go, Melbourne!
- Not a lot of good views since you are surrounded by buildings. You have to close the windows if one requires ultra privacy. To somehow compensate, they have panel mirrors in front of the bed.
- If room service is too expensive (everything in Australia is mighty expensive these days), there are a lot of good eating places around. If it's your thing, there is a Subway (and a Hungry Jacks, and Krispy Kreme) right across.
- Try the Italian coffee place in front of the hotel along Collins Street. There is also a Starbucks on the ground floor if you feel like it (if you get tired of the famous Melbourne coffee culture).
- If you collect SPG points, you can redeem your points for stuff (movie, theater tickets). It seems that points required for redemption are lower than usual -- although I am not sure about this.