“A Good Melbourne City Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Stamford Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Stamford Plaza Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Winter Getaway Specials
Ranked #34 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
“A Good Melbourne City Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a standard room which was good but not outstanding. Clean. Nice vanity area but old fashioned bathroom. Excellent bed, good lounge area with a very serviceable work area. Bad not to supply free wifi. (Time to join the 21st century guys). If you have your own car, be prepared for expensive valet parking. The breakfast buffet was very good. Excellent access to dozens of close by good eateries and shopping. The gym, sauna, and pool area are very good, and was put to good use. The TV over the spa was much watched during the World Cup. Overall an enjoyable stay that I would be tempted to repeat again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Stephen D,
Thanks so much for your well rounded review – your comments and endorsement is greatly appreciated. Thanks for highlighting some of our wonderful facilities including our pool and spa area which underwent a complete refurbishment earlier this year. As a fan of the World Cup I hope you had the opportunity to try our Irresistible Brazilian Burger made up of a juicy beef patty , grilled chorizo, sliced avocado, fried egg with runny yolk and topped with tomato relish & chilli aioli – it’s a winner! We look forward to welcoming you back for another comfortable and relaxing stay in Melbourne.

1,226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Mornington Peninsula, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My friend and I had a great time at the Stamford Plaza Melbourne. The room was sensational, the service was fantastic and the price was amazing. Parking and breakfast came as part of the package. Room service and breakfast both were delicious. Thanks I will definitely be back with my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michaeli L,

Sounds as though you had a fabulous weekend in Melbourne and that the Stamford really contributed to the overall experience. We aim to provide our guests arrival through to departure luxury and I’m so pleased this was your experience. When you are planning your next stay why not consider the fantastic “Our Shout” package – it offers overnight accommodation in a one bedroom suite, all day & overnight parking, delicious buffet breakfast for two and a $50 tab to spend in Harry’s Bar - what a deal! We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed at the Stamford Plaza twice now...and in my view it is the only place to stay in Melbourne. Everything went well (including an upgrade!) from the moment we arrived. The staff were pleasant and efficient, but that can only go so far unless the accommodation matches up. Our room was fantastic...warm, quiet, comfortable and well-appointed. As well as being a fantastic hotel, the location at the top of the CBD means that all the great restaurants and sites are walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear maestrocraig,
Luxury,, central, and friendly….All the things that make for a great stay at a hotel. We always hope to give our guests an experience that leaves them with the impression you have. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in Melbourne, we look forward to seeing you again soon…

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in Melbourne and always seem disappointed. I always seem to go back to the Stamford. There service, rooms, pool area, valet parking, cleanliness and buffet breakfast are always of excellent standard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Sass R,
It always makes me a very proud General Manager to read a glowing review such as yours, thank you for your kind sentiments. From our service, to our facilities and food it sounds as though we provided all you were looking for and to the high standard expected of a Stamford property. We’re delighted that you have chosen us as your “home away from home” and we look forward to welcoming you for another fantastic stay soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We absolutely have loved every single stay at stamford. The customer service , valet parking, rooms , pool , gym , room service , bar and restaurant are all top quality . Room requests are met wherever possibke and a good nights sleep has always occured , we would always book a room here whenever we stay in melbourne , except they no longer offer smoking facilities like a balcony or a smoking room which has meant we now have to book elsewhere . However , i would not fail to recomend them as our most favourite stay and we have experienced many different hotels in the city . Location is great , the rooms are soooo welcoming and comfortqble and we have spent many nights just relaxing , watching the in room movies and ordering room service ! The added edition of in room spas make it more luxurious of a stay also . Top quality in our book

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the noise of the spa amd pool , request a xorner suite , these rooms are amazing...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear lisa-ph93,
Your glowing recommendation is very much appreciated, as is your long term loyalty and support. Thank you for highlighting all the aspects that have made Stamford Plaza your number one choice for accommodation when looking for a luxurious night away in Melbourne. We hope to welcome you back again in the future and hope you’ll always consider us as your “home away from home”
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had a poor experience up until arrival on the day I checked in. I left home at 0430 and was dropped at Sydney Airport only to have the Virgin Australia check-in system fail. We had to shift counters for a manual check-in and I was 4 from the front of the queue when staff advised photo-id was required. It was only then that I realised I had left my wallet at home due to changing the suit I wore. Virgin staff were fine but the flight was delayed over two hours resulting from the manual check-in procedures being used. Meant my arrival in Melbourne was later than expected and with little cash I was in some difficulty. However, I was able to pay for a SkyBus ticket online and the helpful staff printed a ticket for ease of use. I was then able to use the free shuttle to be dropped off at the Stamford Plaza. I was able to drop my bag off, received directions to the nearest branch of my bank, and was able to withdraw sufficient funds for routine expenses.

On arrival back at the hotel to check in, I then encountered difficulties because I had used a third party to book, and photo-id was required. It was difficult to get around this requirement. However, I must admit that the reception staff, Cecila, and the On-duty Manager, Shahid, were lifesavers. While it took a little, and it required me getting sufficient cash from the bank to pay for my stay, a 10 minute delay, I was then able to begin to relax. My suite was very pleasant and well appointed, although I spent little time other than showering and sleeping. I was able to dine-out with friends and family and regale them with the day from hell, but also the assistance of a number of people that restored my faith in humanity.

I was attending a conference at the Convention Centre but was able to purchase a Myki ticket, at reasonable cost, and found both trains and trams easy to use. The nearby Parliament station for the trains, and there was a tram stop in Collins Street that allowed easy access to the Convention Centre without difficulty. It was about a 30 minute walk otherwise and I also found the stroll through the Melbourne CBD quite pleasant - well, moreso than the weather as a major cold front did cause some strong wind damage to vegetation.

So, all up, I found the hotel and staff more than pleasant, and while I had a less than perfect arrival the balance of my experience was positive and my check-out was efficient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear TheRedRooster,
What a day! I am delighted that we were able to provide you with assistance and friendly service, as well as a comfortable place to rest your head after such a stressful day. Your feedback as to the “can do” attitude displayed by our staff will certainly be well received by them and I know they will be very proud to have impacted so positively on your time at Stamford and in Melbourne. We’d be delighted to welcome you back again, hopefully for a visit that is free from stress, right from the start.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This would be my second stay with Stamford and I am pleased with the service and rooms on both occasions only issue is wifi is $25.00 per day where other places include this in there prices to keep in touch with family, other then that I do recommend a 1 bedroom suite for solo travellers fully equipped kitchen, separate living area, and dining space with two flat screen TV's spacious bathroom and main bedroom, all was cleaned and serviced daily and couldn't find any missed cleaning areas, greeted pleasantly on arrival and also treated well in departure , close to Bourke street mall and other shopping outlets as this is why I chose to stay here as it's easy and convenient located close to everything just about,

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Chris M,
It’s always positive to hear that our guest’s experience doesn’t change from one visit to the next. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, from our facilities to our service.
Thanks for your recommendation; we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Kind Regards
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Stamford Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!