Stayed for 1 week (Monday-Friday) and was pretty happy with our stay. The rooms are very big. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 1 night and a 1 bedroom suite for the rest of the stay. Both rooms were very spacious bigger than most hotels. It was pretty handy having a kitchen table to be able to set up with my laptop and a lounge for the kids. The kitchen was fitted out with everything you need although we ate out every meal.
The staff were very helpful and they have a great environmental plan in place for which you receive a discount on your bill if you don't have your room services everyday. The location is hard to beat and we walked everywhere. The City Circle free tram is a block away and there is great restaurants all within walking distance.
The hotel is looking a tad tired (carpets, pool area etc) but it still a good hotel. The foyer could do with some more lights!!! It is way too dark which makes it look old, even though it's not. My 8 year old commented "they must have forgot to turn on the lights". LOL. Also there was no mini bar price list or hair dryer in the 2 bed suite, we moved so it didn't bother us. They had both in the 1 bedroom suite so all good.
Would we stay again - Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the newly refurbished pool featuring sleek new furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, a recently refurbished gym that is well-equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipments. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel