I used to stay here quite regularly and it was good to be back. There are (still) many good points - the rooms are all suites and have kitchenettes and a dishwasher which is very handy if you got a little crazy at the Queen Vic Market or some similar place. The beds are comfortable, the televisions are a good size and there were two - one large screen in the 'main' are and a smaller one in the bedroom area. The marble bathrooms are a bit small but the shower head is nice and everything works fine. The pool area and sauna haven't changed much and were nice enough. Service at Reception and by Housekeeping was good.
But there was one thing.
Previous comments have referred to the Wifi pricing - as a heavy data user, it is what it is in hotels in Australia and New Zealand. But the signal kept cutting out exactly when you didn't want it to. Repeatedly. It was extremely frustrating and I almost went to Reception to demand a refund.
Apart from that, it was a good stay and I'd happily go back. But I think I might use someone else's wireless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the newly refurbished pool featuring sleek new furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, a recently refurbished gym that is well-equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipments. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel