What more could you want? In the centre of Melbourne it is a short walk to the great shops, coffee shops and bars that this wonderful city offers. Only a 10 minute walk away is ACMI, currently presenting the Hollywood Costume exhibition, and the Ian Potter gallery which showcases Australian Art. Melbourne is a great city for walking, and within 15 minutes you could be exploring Gertrude Street and its amazing shops, checking out the casino and the myriad dining options there, or visiting an outlet centre. Trams and trains are close if you want to travel further afield.
And the room? The bed/pillow combination was one of the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel. The decor is a bit dated, but you probably won't be spending too much time in your room. Because the hotel is in the city the room was a bit dark, even though I could look across to a small square and open spaces, but that's what you get when you are surrounded by tall buildings. I'm sure the right room would have sunshine streaming in.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience premium five star luxury in Melbourne's finest all-suite hotel. Located at the "Paris end" of Little Collins Street in the heart of the CBD, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is surrounded by the best of fashion, theatre, cuisine, and only walking distance to the city's famous sporting venues. An ideal location for those wanting to immerse themselves in Melbourne's vibrant culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.