A friend & I stayed two nights in a twin room. The reception staff were great and check-in easy.
The room was spacious and really clean. We thought the minor finishing touches were missing for a five star stay though.
There was almost nothing complementary in the room apart from toiletries. My friend had forgotten a hairbrush but even a comb would have cost us extra. It would have been nice to have at least had some bottled water or chocolates complementary but evidently this isn't common in Australian hotels anymore.
To be really critical, the painting looked a little unfinished, one of the cushions needed repair, and the bathrobes were a little too worn and not soft. Disappointing given that I am looking for a nice one to buy and would have considered buying from the hotel but the ones in the room were not a good advertisement for their quality or comfort.
The breakfast buffet was really nice on the first morning, not a huge amount of choice but just enough of each type of thing to be sufficient. Service was fast and friendly.
The next morning was a horrible shock, there were no tables, we had to sit over in the bar. The waitress then uttered an exasperated sigh when asked for a latte rather than the 'make-your-own' coffee, which made my friends' hot chocolate request of an equal imposition (note you cannot make your own hot chocolate). They ran out of many cereals, only three types were left, had to wait for bowls and cutlery. The small toasting station had a large queue at times, and by the time you got around the hot food buffet, the first things on the plate were cold. Noted that the man at the egg station was really helpful and friendly despite the pressure.
We ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner. The menu is not large but there is something for everyone. The prices were very reasonable and the cheese platter surprisingly large for the price. Service was great although we note there were not many people that night. We also were given 20% off the bill with our card we were given on check-in.
Check-out was pretty bad. We waited in a queue for almost 15 minutes to checkout. I acknowledge that we checked out at 11am, being the end of check-out time, but they need to cater for this being busy. There is also express checkout available but as I had some queries on my bill, I did not want to use this option. I note that the staff were apologetic though and managed service with a smile despite the chaos at that time.
Overall, we would stay again but some work could be done on the finer things to feel like the five star hotel it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the newly refurbished pool featuring sleek new furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, a recently refurbished gym that is well-equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipments. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel