“Good Location, Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Melbourne

You added Stamford Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Summer Saver $1 Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Location, Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

booked a last minute room via Wotif....Value was OK, had a room on the 3rd floor of the East tower....Spacious, clean, tidy... good service from the valet parking & check-in, gave us a later checkout when asked without a problem....had pre dinner drinks in Harrys bar with friendly girl bar staff as well. Would recommend to others without a problem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear smithcskr,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay and we appreciate your recommendation. I’m really pleased to read that you found the service friendly and attentive throughout the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.
Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Agree with other reviewers - An excellent hotel for a weekend in Melbourne. Minutes walk from Tram and shops. We stayed in a suite in the main wing, the room was spacious with an excellent kitchen and dining area (which did go unused). The only thing missing in this Hotel is a view, but if you're only there to sleep it's a small concern.

Highly recommended and we will return again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear madjt,
The space of our suites and our central city location are just two of the aspects that make Stamford Plaza Melbourne a great choice for accommodation in Melbourne. Whether you’re in town for a footy match, some shopping or some general rest & relaxation, we’ve got it all covered. Thanks for your very kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I chose the Stamford Plaza Melbourne [SPM] off the internet. I am very fussy about my accomodation. It must be clean, modern, and live up to the glossy professional images. I requested a higher floor and a late check-out [ might I add at the last minute]. This place delivers 5 star quality but if it was rated 3 star, I tell you the staff would make up the other 2. The staff came across as genuinely happy - like they absolutely loved being there. As I struggled out of a loaded shuttle and my 2 bags were unloaded I reached for them but there were two immaculately groomed staff already on to it. Nothing was a bother. I could ramble but I won't. I will just say that management appear to be doing a great job and if you are not try harder, you don't want to lose these staff as the are an asset. The room was normal for a King suite, I got a higher floor and the spa was clean. It was luxurious.Great food - close to CBD. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Debra Y,
It makes me very proud to read a review such as yours. As you have mentioned we do have fantastic facilities and a great location but it is our hard working team of staff which makes Stamford Plaza Melbourne an exceptional place to stay. I know they will all be very excited to read your comments and know that their efforts had such a positive impact on your visit. We would be honoured to welcome you back again and provide you with more of the same great service.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Five friends & I in town for Keith Urban's concert shared a two bedroom suite. The room consisted of two double beds, two ensuite's a small kitchen & bar and lounge & dinner area. The room was compact and I would suggest a little small to add in a roll away as the only space for it is in the lounge area but we managed and my friend said it was the most comfortable rollaway she has ever slept on. A sofa bed may be a better choice for that room as it can be folded away when not being used but mostly it probably caters for only four people so wouldn't be an issue. The lounge itself was large so you could actually sleep on it if needed. We did have a problem with our fridge it was barely cold so I turned it up a bit and overnight it froze some of the bottles and they exploded in the fridge. I told the front desk about this on checking out and they said it was fine however my credit card was still charged which was a little annoying but fixed as soon as I phoned the hotel. I would suggest that they put a sticker on the fridges to not turn up high if this is a regular problem as indicated by the front desk. I left my new iphone charger in the room and to my surprise housekeeping had found it and logged so I was able to pick that up . The hotel is in a great position, close to China Town, a short stroll down to Fed Square, Bourke St Mall, bars and restaurants, and also about a 10 min walk to Rod Laver Arena and the MCG. If you walk down beside the hotel then you come out on Collins St and a tram stop so very convenient. The staff were friendly, we didn't eat in the restaurant or have breakfast included with our room so I can't comment on that, didn't use the pool area either. Overall a really nice classy hotel, so much so, I have booked my son Jarryd and his girlfriend in for 14th April for her birthday so stay tuned for another review! Can't wait to stay there again myself. There a lot of hotels to choose from in Melbourne this is one of my faves.

• Stayed February 2013
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear SlinkyDawg,

Thanks for your great review, I apologise for the oversight which caused the delay in my response. It sounds like you had a great stay and I hope you and your friends enjoyed the concert just as much, I heard it was fantastic! I am sorry to hear of the problem with your fridge and the resulting incorrect charge for mini bar items, your feedback has been well received and the matter addressed with the relevant departments. I appreciate you recommending Stamford Plaza Melbourne to your son, I hope the birthday celebrations went well and that we have the opportunity to welcome you both back soon. Welcome to the Stamford family!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Stamford Plaza Melbourne is in an amazing location. Restaurants are near and it's close to Melbourne's main CBD shopping area. I've stayed here for a number of visits over the past 5 years. The rooms have recently been renovated. The king suites are amazing and include a small kitchen, large sofa, two TVs, great bed and large bathroom. Only negative is the rooms now have a aircon control unit which has a large blue LCD screen you cannot switch off. If you don't cover it the room is illuminated by a bright blue light - the in room dining menu does the trick if you stay and light bothers you. Reception service is excellent & check in/ out is fast. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robbie77,
Thanks for your great review and for your continuous support. It’s really fantastic to hear from a valued return guest and to know that we are providing the same high standard of service on each and every stay. It’s also pleasing to read that you are impressed with most of the changes we have made to our rooms. We’re very grateful to be your first choice for accommodation in Melbourne and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This Hotel is in a Great Location, the hotel has two wings, i stayed in the main wing in a standard 1 bedroom suite, it was very spacious, bed was comfy, the Suite had two tv's a small kitchen, a writing desk and a kitchen table, The Room was clean, the lift's in the hotel are super fast and glass so you get an amazing view when going up/down

I ate in Harry's Bar on one of my nights in the hotel, both the meal and service were great,

The Pool, Sauna, Gym are really good, nice to be able to relax after a day of shopping

Car Parking was $45 per day

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear wordtravler,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience, your positive review is greatly appreciated. Our atriums and glass lifts are certainly a feature of our hotel and really add a wow factor – I’m pleased you were impressed. It’s also really great to read that you enjoyed your meal at Harry’s – Did you try one of our Magnificent 7 Burgers? If you didn’t you should put it on your “to do” list for you next stay – they are fantastic!
We hope to see you back at Stamford Plaza Melbourne again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Great service, gorgeous rooms, Perfect location...found our home away from home.
We have teenages so we felt very safe leaving them alone and going down to the bar.
So many amazing restaurants and bars minutes away.

• Stayed March 2013
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Karenag42,
To know that our guests’ feel as though Stamford Plaza Melbourne is their home away from home is so wonderful. It makes me very proud to know that our luxurious facilities and our top level service create such a sense of comfort and happiness. Thank you for writing such a glowing review, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back for more of the same again.
Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter

Been to Stamford Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!