We stayed in this hotel for the start of a 5 week honeymoon in Australia. It was a great choice. It is central, we got a great price on their own website through a 48 hour deal offer and when we checked in we were upgraded to a king suite.
The hotel is in an excellent location and near trams, free tour shuttle and free circle tram. As it is the CBD it is near all of the attractions of the city and as a guest you can walk to Flinders, Federation Square or hop on a tram to St Kilda or anywhere else in the city you may fancy.
We were in the city during a heat wave and it was too hot to spend long periods outdoors at the beach but the hotel has a rooftop pool that has a roof which is open on hot days so you can relax right in the city centre.
The only negative things about the hotel was the wifi was expensive. It also can be a little dark as the CBD is pretty high rise and the hotel is in the shadow of large buildings. Our room had nice windows but as it was an alleyway outside it was impossible to get natural light into the room. I imagine that most hotels will have similar problems in the area.
The suite was more like a mini apartment with a living, dining area and a kitchen space if you feel like cooking or staying in for a few meals. We had cereal most mornings and then had brunch as the restaurants in Melbourne are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the newly refurbished pool featuring sleek new furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, a recently refurbished gym that is well-equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipments. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel