The only thing they have going for them is the central downtown location. That too becomes a pain when you are woken up by loud people in the alley next door late at night. They are not the 5 star luxury place they claim to be. The internet was also $25 per night. They had a nice restaruant downstairs and a decent in-room menu.
The Federation square and main train station is nearby so that was convenient. The carpet and upholstery in the room was a bit dated so they can work on that.
Valet parking is $45 per night. That is ridiculous. The room/bathroom was nice and clean and the conceirge was AWESOME. I would happily have given them a "4" rating if the rate wasnt so expensive. They charge like a "5" but they are merely a 3.5 hence the "3" rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience premium five star luxury in Melbourne's finest all-suite hotel. Located at the "Paris end" of Little Collins Street in the heart of the CBD, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is surrounded by the best of fashion, theatre, cuisine, and only walking distance to the city's famous sporting venues. An ideal location for those wanting to immerse themselves in Melbourne's vibrant culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel