I stayed here last weekend. Great location, nice room, good price.
We ate twice in Harrys Bar and had delicious hamburgers at a very good price, with a free beer.
Can recommend the buffet breakfast too, lots of choice, no waiting, just right to set us up for a day of shopping in the city.
Overall we thought it was an excellent choice for staying in the CBD. Ideal for shopping, sightseeing, close to everything.
All went well until checkout. We went to the desk at 7am and found a queue of guests waiting to check out and only one staff member manning both concierge desk and checkout. Actually the night time general manager, Robin.
Both he and the concierge, Daniella, had been great over the previous nights we were there, very helpful and considerate, nothing was too much trouble. Really lovely.
But on Monday we waited for ages at the desk, and couldn’t help noticing that when the ‘secret’ door in the wall behind was opened, the office was full of staff, at least half a dozen, laughing and joking and generally trying very hard to ignore everyone outfront.
Admittedly by the time we left the foyer at about 725, lots of staff were starting to appear, but it does seem rather silly not to have decent cover at what is clearly a busy time on a weekday.
Would definitely stay here again when in Melbourne, but next time to avoid the queue we’ll be using the express checkout option which lets you sign your bill and leave it in a special box so they can charge your card later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the newly refurbished pool featuring sleek new furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, a recently refurbished gym that is well-equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipments. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel