“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Melbourne

You added Stamford Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #39 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were in Melbourne for the Coldplay Concert and stayed for 5 nights at the Stamford Plaza.The Rom quality is excellent - especially since every room has a separate bedroom and separate living area.Location is fantastic - just a short walk from the CBD.The staff - extremely courteous and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Navin B,

I hope you enjoyed the concert. Over a 5 day stay the extra space offered by our suites can definitely be appreciated and I’m pleased to hear that you found ours to your liking. Our team of staff will also be proud to read your positive comments about the high standard of service they provided, they will be happy to know their efforts are not going unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Melbourne.

Kind Regards,
Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Frankly, you would not want to stay at any other hotel in Melbourne. The Stamford Plaza is absolutely sensational and they did not let me down once. Here are some highlights of my stay:

+ Amazing, spacious room. Two TVs, desk, full kitchen, & private jacuzzi. Spotless. Much, much larger than a regular hotel room. It's essentially a suite. iPod/iPhone dock
+ One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (seriously)
+ For booking through their website, I received complementary WiFi for my entire stay. This worked on multiple devices.
+ Prompt staff who always made sure my requests were carried out immediately (e.g. bringing ice to the room, holding my luggage before check-in, taking bags to room etc)
+ Room service was reasonably priced and not extortionate (as it often is in hotels). Ordered food at 3am after a big night and it was exactly what I felt like
+ Significantly, the location of this hotel is nothing less than ideal. Shopping is extremely close and also near Southbank, bars/clubs etc. Right in the heart of Melbourne. Multiple convenience stores nearby (very handy). Also in the vicinity of excellent restaurants.
+ Taxis always ready to go outside
+ Although I didn't have time to dine in the hotel's restaurant (Harry's), it was always packed and the menu/cocktails looked delicious. Again, reasonably priced.
+ Hotel has a state-of-the-art gym with brand new equipment and facilities. Also there is a brilliant rooftop pool/spa setup.
+ No noise or disturbances in the room whatsoever - very quiet

In summary, although the prices at the Stamford Plaza Melbourne are relatively higher than the competition, you should not be hesitant in considering to stay here because you are paying for excellence. Just like the rest of us, you will be thoroughly happy you made the decision to stay here. They truly do have an impressive operation, for which I extremely grateful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Chris R,
Your review has made me a very proud General Manager, it’s fantastic to read glowing feedback such as yours and I will certainly share it with my team.
Thank you for noting so many of the aspects which make Stamford Plaza Melbourne stand apart from other hotels. Friendly & efficient staff, modern & comfortable rooms, an enviable city location and of course value for money provide a combination which could lead to nothing but a perfect stay.
Welcome to the Stamford family – we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked the Romance and Seduction package to celebrate our wedding anniversary and our stay was fabulous from start to finish. On arrival we were upgraded to a king suite. The staff, from concierge, reception staff to room service, were exceptional and all very friendly. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. I didn't hear a single sound from outside. Would definitely stay again. Only downside was that we only stayed one night.

• Stayed November 2012
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear JojoP2011,
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to make it such a special occasion for you. Champagne, rose petals and chocolates, along with a luxurious suite and of course the perfect companion, certainly make for a romantic setting. Here’s to many more anniversaries, I hope we can help you to celebrate again.

Wollongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for three nights, turning the weekend into a long weekend. We found the location good. The rooms were a good size and the staff friendly. The hotel has a gym and pool but we did not use them. There's a good bar down stairs and bring your red shoes for happy hour on Friday nights. Would definitely stay here again. Oh yes, it was really quiet as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear traveler_dreamer,
Friday night happy hour in Harry’s bar is the perfect reason to dust off the red shoes, I’m glad you remembered to pack yours. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Stamford - if only every weekend could be a long one…

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have to say up front, the furniture and decor is a little old fashion for me, but I had absolutely luxurious suite (kitchen, lounge and bedroom). It was pure indulgence! The staff were focused on what they should be - yes that would be me! The only negative was one of the lifts wasn't working - so it was rather slow getting to level five. Can highly recommend this hotel - it was a surprisingly nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kelly K,
I’m so pleased to hear that we were able to go beyond your expectations through our fantastic facilities and attentive staff. Our guests certainly are the focus of our attention & it’s great that you were made to feel so special. I know the team will be delighted to hear that their efforts are not going unnoticed. For an even greater sense of indulgence why not try our Lazy Daze package next time, it includes a delicious in room meal, two new release movies, with pop corn of course, and a blissful massage to leave you feeling completely pampered.

Sevenoaks, Kent, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I never expected to have to request a bath in a supposedly 5* hotel. One night I can manage with a shower only, but not for a 3-night stay. Back to reception where the helpful Paul could only offer me a smoking room with a bath. Naively I accepted this thinking the smell would not be too bad & as we went through the process of changing rooms, I failed to tell my husband.....mistake. One step into the room (it stank) & we both agreed that we couldn't accept this room so it was back to Paul on reception (who could so easily have, but didn't, let show on his face that 'Mrs Difficult' was approaching) who then managed to find a non-smoking room with bath for us. It wasn't a great room but better than smoke-smelling & bath-less. I don't mind not having a view but we had no idea of the weather until outside as not a glimmer of sky was visible. Two further staff appeased our feelings towards this hotel - the cheerful Danielle with her excellent knowledge of nearby restaurants & Nick ( hope I've got this right?- dark almost black hair on Concierge desk) who went out of his way to assist us. It's not a 5* hotel but it is in a good location & the customer service given by the staff rescued a poor experience to a better one.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear CillaL-D,
Thank you for your complimentary feedback regarding our hotel staff, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our guests and always strive to exceed their expectations. Everyone will be delighted to read of your experience during your stay. A relaxing bath is the perfect way to wind down after a long day, may I suggest you contact us directly to book your next stay so we can ensure your room preference is met & you do not experience such an inconvenience again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great room, good kitchen facilities and central location. WiFi worked well, room was very clean and stylish and staff were terrific. There is a small supermarket across the road, I walked the couple of blocks to Woolworths and got myself dinner and breakfast. There are good Asian restaurants nearby.
It is easy to work in room with WiFi, comfortable desk.
i just had the basic single room & found it comfortable for 1 person, fine for a business trip. Might need a larger room for 2 people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Karen V,
Thanks for your positive and informative review. It sounds like you spent your time at Stamford hard at work, I’m pleased you found it a suitable & comfortable environment to get the job done. We hope to see you again soon.

Like us on Facebook l Follow us on twitter

Been to Stamford Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!