“A first-rate boutique all-suite hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Melbourne

You added Stamford Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Summer Saver $1 Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Launceston, Australia
“A first-rate boutique all-suite hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I spent three delightful nights at this all-suite hotel located in the centre of Melbourne's busy shopping/restaraunt district just this month in July 2012.

We have stayed on various occasions previously but we are so impressed by a hotel which genuinely strives to improve itself in every respect - not content to rest on it's laurels of the past.

The hotel has recently undertaken an extensive refurbishment and we were relieved to see that the charm and elegance that has always been a feature of the Stamford Plaza had not been diminished in any way whatsoever by it's modernization.

The staff go out of their way to please, the buffet breakfasts are to die for and every little comfort has been thought of in the rooms. One of the few hotels in the world where time has really been taken to provide those little details which make the difference between a good hotel and a great one.

We will return whenever possible.

Room Tip: We are at a loss to suggest room selection as we have stayed in various ones from two bedroom suites...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Maggie S

A true ambassador for the Stamford Plaza Melbourne is truly a friend of ours! We are extremely grateful for your complimentary and enthusiastic endorsement of our hotel. I am very proud that you would be so pleased with your past experience that you will always look to us for your future accommodation requirements. Thank you also for your lovely sentiments regarding our recent lobby refurbishment. We love it too!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Stamford Plaza Melbourne in early January of this year, and absolutely loved everything about the hotel and what it had to offer. The staff were extremely proffessional and courteous, and the room was everything we expected and more. Upon arrival we got upgraded from a queen suite to an executive, which was such great bonus to complete our stay!

We are planning a second trip to melbourne for our anniversary in September, and despite looking at every possible option for accomodation, we couldnt compare anything to the Stamford and what it has to offer for the price. The rooms are spacious and excellently furnished with all the facilities needed for an extremely comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Absolutely cant wait to return and be greeted by the lovely SPM staff again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Brooke200

How fantastic that you have kept us in mind and that the impression we made on you initially was so great it stayed with you. We will be delighted to welcome you back in September to celebrate the joyful occasion of your anniversary. I’m sure you will again find the same exceptional service that has made us your hotel of choice.

See you soon!

Sippy Downs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a marvellous 4 day break in Melbourne at the start of August. Melbourne's weather was perfect, winter is meant to be cold, but we didn't have any artic winds. What made trip was the hotel. Great location, excellent rooms (we were in 821), quiet rooms and very clean. We didnt eat in the hotel as the location enabled us to walk anywhere in 10 minutes. Breakfast in Degreaves St - outdoor dining under heaters, dinner at either Longrain at the top end of Little Bourke is must, as is the new Tapas Bar, Hairy Little Sister only 1 block away down Little Collins. Would stay at the Stamford Plaza again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shane1963

Thanks Shane for your top local dining tips and great review of our hotel. I’m thrilled you loved everything about your stay here with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in town….and we’ll be sure to sort the weather out again for you too!

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with a night here at the end of our trip to Melbourne. It was a special romance package and it was wonderful! We were greeted with a bottle of champagne, music, canapes and a bath. They were extremely accommodating in organising late checkout for us.

The rooms have recently been renovated and are very, very nice. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was more than enough space for the two of us. The rooms are very clean and it is a great location.

Whilst we only stayed there one night it wasn't a problem for us, but my only concern is that there may not be enough space to unpack your things away - small wardrobe and no drawer space.

But it was perfect for a romantic night and a wonderful surprise!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Musogirl231

What a sweet surprise, lucky you! I’m so happy that we were able to be a part of your special treat to top off your Melbourne holiday and I’m glad you found everything to your liking. The comfort of our suites and inclusions in our Romance & Seduction Package certainly do make for a Romantic evening, which by the sounds of things you thoroughly enjoyed.

I hope we will see you again on your next trip here.

Gold Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 12 nights over Christmas/New Year, with my husband and daughter. I did write a review in January but received a phone call from someone saying they were so sorry for all the problems we had and if they gave us discounts and so on the next time we came to Melbourne would I remove my post on Trip Adviser. She told me once it was removed someone from her office would ring me............ no one ever did.
I was very disappointed in this hotel and company now. We had a 1 bedroom with a roll away for my daughter. Bedroom is very small with no where to place suitcases. Shower is over bath with the glass screen in the way of turning the shower on. The bathroom floor wasn't cleaned for the first. I had to ask how often they changed the sheets after 7 days. The TV, well complained a few times how the TV would freeze the picture several times a night, this was fixed a few days before we left. Came back to the hotel on the 9th day to find the rollaway bed gone.
Would I stay here again.... NO not even for discounts or free nights. Very disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear JeanieGoldCoast

I have absolutely no idea how this oversight occurred and where the communication broke down. I’m extremely sorry to have reinstated your original dissatisfaction, and frankly what you write about is not acceptable and I’m left feeling as disappointed as you. I would be delighted to speak with you directly to ensure no further miscommunication occurs, so if you would like to share your feedback with me you can contact me personally through the hotel and I hope we restore your impression of the service we provide at Stamford.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We got this deal from wotif's mystery deal and stayed for 3 nights. The hotel staff was very helpful and we also got a free upgrade for the room. The room was beautifully decorated and very clean, we'll definitely choose Stamford Plaza when we go to Melboure next time!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Although the hotel was very nice, I needed to make two calls before the 'deposit' reserved on my credit card was finally reversed. During the first call I was told this would take 3 -5 business days, and that I should have been advised of this on booking in which did not occur. Needless to say after 8 business days I had to call back again and was then told I could have arranged for a fax to be sent to my bank to have the transaction reversed.

Won't recommend to business colleagues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kats p

Please accept my apology for the poor communication you received around the return of pre-authorised funds and also for the delay in having these funds released to you. Although our reservation confirmations state this authority in the terms and conditions no mention is made on the time it might take to be released back. I acknowledge you wouldn’t have had to place your second call to the hotel if we had advised you of this in the first instance. I’m glad though that your actual stay with us was pleasant and I hope we might be able to welcome you back again another time.

Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter

Been to Stamford Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!