I stayed at the Stamford Plaza for four nights on a business trip in November, we also paid for my wife to stay too.
It's a good hotel all things considered, we had a double on the 10th Floor, which also has a mini kitchenette - something you don't expect in a hotel, but useful as breakfast was $30ASD!
The bed was comfy and the room had a good bathroom, two flat screen TV's (excessive, but hey!), a desk to work at, room safe and a couch. To fit this all in the room has to be a good size and it was. What else? Well the elevator was glass and the walk to our room was along a open walkway / balcony and wouldn't be great if you had vertigo.
There was a swimming pool which had a sauna and jacuzzi - these were in the east tower and you had to walk across the walkway via the lifts to get to them from where we were. These were on the 16th floor so the pool isn't massive, but it's good for a quick dip.
Breakfast was good - watch out for the special coffee's though, you only have one of these included and then you have to pay - we nearly tripped up here.
The bar had a deal on most nights with food - burgers on Thursday, Oysters on another night and if you wear red shoes on a Friday at a certain time there was a free? drink on offer. They also include a 2 for 1 drinks deal card when you get your room card - but didn't tell us about it so check in your key pouch after you've checked in.
One grip - Wifi wasn't included. I think it was $19.95 for 7 days - but I could be wrong. I feel that this sort of service should be included at hotels. Others might be happy paying.
So, would I go back. Yes, I am in December.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience premium five star luxury in Melbourne's finest all-suite hotel. Located at the "Paris end" of Little Collins Street in the heart of the CBD, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is surrounded by the best of fashion, theatre, cuisine, and only walking distance to the city's famous sporting venues. An ideal location for those wanting to immerse themselves in Melbourne's vibrant culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.