I stayed at the Stamford Plaza for four nights on a business trip in November, we also paid for my wife to stay too.
It's a good hotel all things considered, we had a double on the 10th Floor, which also has a mini kitchenette - something you don't expect in a hotel, but useful as breakfast was $30ASD!
The bed was comfy and the room had a good bathroom, two flat screen TV's (excessive, but hey!), a desk to work at, room safe and a couch. To fit this all in the room has to be a good size and it was. What else? Well the elevator was glass and the walk to our room was along a open walkway / balcony and wouldn't be great if you had vertigo.
There was a swimming pool which had a sauna and jacuzzi - these were in the east tower and you had to walk across the walkway via the lifts to get to them from where we were. These were on the 16th floor so the pool isn't massive, but it's good for a quick dip.
Breakfast was good - watch out for the special coffee's though, you only have one of these included and then you have to pay - we nearly tripped up here.
The bar had a deal on most nights with food - burgers on Thursday, Oysters on another night and if you wear red shoes on a Friday at a certain time there was a free? drink on offer. They also include a 2 for 1 drinks deal card when you get your room card - but didn't tell us about it so check in your key pouch after you've checked in.
One grip - Wifi wasn't included. I think it was $19.95 for 7 days - but I could be wrong. I feel that this sort of service should be included at hotels. Others might be happy paying.
So, would I go back. Yes, I am in December.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading all-suite 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel. Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the newly refurbished pool featuring sleek new furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, a recently refurbished gym that is well-equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipments. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel