We only stayed for one night in their Prestige Suites, which cost AUD $595 for the night. We were in room 4207, which had absolutely amazing views. The room itself was huge and allowed us to entertain friends in the living room. The bed was too soft which made it uncomfortable but I guess that’s a personal view. One thing I really didn’t like was the lights in the wardrobe were on sensors so when you used the bathroom in the night the lights came on full. I’m sure there was a way to override that setting but I couldn’t figure it out. Both the public areas and the room itself are tired and well overdue for a refurbishment. The breakfast down on the club level (35) was ok but nothing stood out except the views and being at a French hotel I was expecting the pastries to be exceptional but they were average at best. The one thing that stood out as exceptional for this hotel was the staff, they were all very professional, friendly, helpful and attentive. Nothing was a problem and you could tell their training was top notch. The in room Internet was damn expensive at A$29 per day for a pathetic few MB which really irks me considering when I pay $595 a night I expect Internet to be included. All in all it’s a nice hotel in a good location with lovely staff but the rooms and general facilities are overdue for a facelift. Would I stay again? Probably not considering other hotels are newer and cheaper and some include internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Splendia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel