Couldn't ask for a better location really........close to all the fantastic CBD attractions & restaurants (bonus: Haigh's chocolates just across the road!)
Staff at the Sofitel are some of the best hotel staff we've encountered worldwide......very friendly, courteous and helpful.
Room was very comfortable and clean, but the hotel Wi-Fi was disappointing. Firstly, the cost for Wi-Fi was ridiculous ($30 for 24hrs or $13 for 2hrs, plus extra charges for going over download limit or time limits).......and when you're paying top dollar for a room, Wi-Fi should really be included. Secondly, the Wi-Fi connection/signal in the room was terrible, so the effective use of your purchased Wi-Fi time is severely limited. We were on the 39th floor, so not sure if this particular floor or room was more/less affected compared to other floors/rooms.
Our only other quibble was that the room wasn't very sound proof. There must have been a function on the 35th floor one night of our stay, and since noise travels upwards; we were still awake at midnight, listening to glasses chinking and people laughing.........but we're glad somebody was having a great night!
Cannot comment on the food offered at the Sofitel, as we dined in other city restaurants/cafes, but the in-house menu sounded enticing. They also advertise a high-tea at Sofia's, but since my husband is a coeliac, we opted for another high-tea that offered gluten-free options on their website. Maybe the Sofitel do offer GF options, but because we didn't see anything mentioned anywhere about it, we were too shy to ask! My husband doesn't like making a fuss when it comes to altering menus.
Overall, the weekend at the Sofitel was lovely........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel