My husband and I stayed for 3 nights last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Making the reservation was easy and telephone staff very helpful and polite. Upon check in we were advised our room was not ready (it was early and we didn't expect it would be) but we could move to a higher floor for an extra $20 per night and the room was available straight away. Well, did we hit the jackpot!
We were given a room on Level 49 with a fantastic view of the Bay and the MCG. It was very quiet and beautifully appointed. Throughout our stay the service we received the the staff we came in contact with was superlative.
After a tiring day we decided to dine in on our first night so took advantage of the free drink voucher with a pre-dinner cocktail in Number35 (yummy) followed by dinner in the Restaurant which, we have to say, was quite disappointing. We found the menu quite limited and had difficulty making a choice. It should be said we are very used to dining in fine restaurants (we have eaten at Guillame, Aria, Quay, Grossi Florentino, The European, etc) so know what to expect from a restaurant at this level and felt quite disappointed. Having said that, the service and attention by all staff in the bar and restaurant was excellent.
A real highlight for us was the bed an pillows. Soooooo comfortable! We ordered a Therapeutic pillow each from the pillow menu and we have both honestly never had such a good night's sleep. So much so that we are going to order some of these pillows for home - they are fantastic!
We did complete the guest comments card on check out on the Sunday and received a very prompt reply on the Tuesday morning - so well done to the guest relations team! The only other comment we would make is that Wi-Fi should be free - at what the hotel charges and in this day and age it should be offered automatically. I'm sure these costs can be built into the room rates and amortised across all rooms so guests would not feel the pain.
Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we'll definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel