“Great Treat fommy Husband & I” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Early Booking
Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne

1982
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Indonesian first
tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good hotel, excellent service and central location. Also had a conference there which was well catered for. The room was spacious. Internet is expensive and not free.
Several restaurants are and a small shopping area are attached, these appeared average.
The views from some of the rooms are amazing, however a few of my friends had no view.
I was never helped by concierge.
All in all a very good hotel, however I would prefer to stay at the Langham down the road.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy H, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review in Tripadvisor. I was glad to hear that the service standard was excellent and the room views were amazing. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Bendigo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wow, possibly the best place i have ever stayed! Best bed, great shower, the level of plush i love without being chintzy. Level 37, amazing views, we slept with the shutters open and watched the sunrise, perfect! Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review in Tripadvisor. I was glad that your stay with us was the best ever. It is something to watch the sunrise from your room. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Queenscliff, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I returned for another stay at the Sofitel in Collins Street. As usual I was most welcome and even received a complimentary room upgrade to a suite. Throughout my stay everyone was very attentive and I look forward to returning again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review in Tripadvisor. Welcome back!! The Ambassadors are the pride of this hotel. I was glad to hear that every Amabssador you came in contact has displayed genuine hospitality welcome. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose this hotel as we the reviews were good and we had a newborn traveling with us, I needed the hotel to be good. From the minute we arrived the team was amazing. The butlers were friendly and very helpful.
We arrived early and i asked the butler if we can just leave our bags with them until it was time to check in. He kindly advised us that if we go to reception they may be able to check us in early. As we walked to reception - he phoned them to advise we had a small baby with us and if they can check us in it would be great (Receptionist told me this after i thank her for the service of having a room ready) .
Little things like this goes a long way for me.

I would 100% stay here again.

Location is good.
Restaurant and bar was good.
Great views from the 48th floor.
Service is amazing, nothing was a problem and they were all so friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for posting your review in Tripadvisor. First and foremost let me thank you for choosing Sofitel Melbourne On Collins as your choice of hotel. I am glad that the Butlers were there to anticipate your every needs. I am truly humbled by your review and we like to surprise our guests with the little things. We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.
Traralgon Vic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The 5 star service starts the minute you pull in the driveway. Or in our case after you miss the driveway a couple of times and drive around the block!! Got 2 rooms on a wotif mystery deal to bring my simple country folk parents on a trip to the big smoke! I was a bit worried when it turned out to be the Sofitel as they are easily overwhelmed and don't like getting out of their comfort zone. I needn't have worried as the staff were so friendly and patient. They didn't even bat an eyelid as they tagged up my mother's bright blue 'Devondale' esky bag full of snacks and wine. The only thing brighter was the redness of my face. Both check in and check out were swift. Rooms are jaw droppingly gorgeous with uninterupted views like no other hotel in Melborne. It was too beautiful to close the blinds while we slept. Well lit vanity for doing makeup. Needs a bit more vanity space. Once you put your toilet bag down there's not much room for anything else. TV in the bathroom was a little wasted above what was a pretty average looking bath. Bathroom and room were spotlessly clean. 10/10 for the huge cosy comfy bed and heavenly feather pillows. We weren't too facr from the lift and could unfortunately hear the bell from inside our room which woke me up. Location is perfect for proximity to theatres and our favourite theatre the MCG. This hotel would be perfect if it weren't for one aspect shared by most hotels and restaurants. OVER INFLATED drink prices. The jig is up, we're not stupid, we know that we can by a bottle of Moet & Chandon from Dan Murphys for $50. Please stop charging me $15 for a glass of sav blanc when I can buy the whole bottle for less. If your mini bar was reasonably priced my mother wouldn't have to bring her eye catching blue esky would she? Nonetheless I still loved this place and I'm going back again this Wed for my b'day. Just hope mum's not using her esky.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the friendly hotel Ambassadors were there for you to make your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back on Wednesday when you celebrate your birthday.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Reception & lobby areas are on the first two floors, the accommodation is all from the 35th floor up of the Telstra building on Collins. Ideally situated with one of Melbourne's marvellous tram network stops outside. We have been warned though that parking here can be expensive,so if driving seek alternative arrangements (Google parking Melbourne CBD).
This hotel has the "WOW factor in spades and the staff were all extremely helpful & friendly. The views from the rooms are to die for, beds are extremely comfortable, my wife went into "nesting mode" & refused to get out!! The bathrooms are excellent AND functional in a country where they seem to go in for style over function meaning you get soap all up the mirror and miss the hand basin completely!
Thoroughly recommend

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the friendly hotel Ambassadors were there for you to make your stay a pleasant one. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Been to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!