The 5 star service starts the minute you pull in the driveway. Or in our case after you miss the driveway a couple of times and drive around the block!! Got 2 rooms on a wotif mystery deal to bring my simple country folk parents on a trip to the big smoke! I was a bit worried when it turned out to be the Sofitel as they are easily overwhelmed and don't like getting out of their comfort zone. I needn't have worried as the staff were so friendly and patient. They didn't even bat an eyelid as they tagged up my mother's bright blue 'Devondale' esky bag full of snacks and wine. The only thing brighter was the redness of my face. Both check in and check out were swift. Rooms are jaw droppingly gorgeous with uninterupted views like no other hotel in Melborne. It was too beautiful to close the blinds while we slept. Well lit vanity for doing makeup. Needs a bit more vanity space. Once you put your toilet bag down there's not much room for anything else. TV in the bathroom was a little wasted above what was a pretty average looking bath. Bathroom and room were spotlessly clean. 10/10 for the huge cosy comfy bed and heavenly feather pillows. We weren't too facr from the lift and could unfortunately hear the bell from inside our room which woke me up. Location is perfect for proximity to theatres and our favourite theatre the MCG. This hotel would be perfect if it weren't for one aspect shared by most hotels and restaurants. OVER INFLATED drink prices. The jig is up, we're not stupid, we know that we can by a bottle of Moet & Chandon from Dan Murphys for $50. Please stop charging me $15 for a glass of sav blanc when I can buy the whole bottle for less. If your mini bar was reasonably priced my mother wouldn't have to bring her eye catching blue esky would she? Nonetheless I still loved this place and I'm going back again this Wed for my b'day. Just hope mum's not using her esky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Splendia, Hotel.de, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel