“Top Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mansfield, Australia
“Top Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We enjoyed the stay very much. It was close to appointments that we had. Lovely shopping in the area also excellent restaurants.
Could not fault any aspect of the hotel, all staff were most helpful.
Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Indonesian first
Noosaville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel for 3 nights and really couldn't fault it. The beds were extremely comfortable, the view was lovely and the service and amenities were first class. I have stayed in some other Sofitels but thought this one was better than others. It is right at the top of Collins street so if you would rather be right in the middle of the shops then you may find it a little far out. There are some great restaurants near the Hotel and the tram is right outside your door if you want to go a little further.

I got a great deal on Wotif so not sure if I would pay the usual rate to stay there but am happy to recommend if cost isn't a factor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad you found our Sofitel MyBed comfortable and the service and amenities first class. I will be sure to share your fantastic feedback with my team.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here over Xmas, and rated the place down due to some small, niggly things that from my point of view left it just a bit short of top quality. Not enough to keep me from coming back though.

So I ventured to Melbourne again on the weekend 4/5 May and chose Sofitel again, just to see if I had been over critical, or the little things were a direct result of the time of the year.

In a word, I found it very hard to fault, from the time I was welcomed back by the staff at the front door. Check in @ Club Sofitel was a bit slow but extremely polite and personable the whole time, and I was out of there in no time really, headed to my 45th floor room, which I thought was a bit low for a club level room, but not a real concern. So I open the door to room 4507 to find myself in a Junior Suite, thank you very much for the upgrade Sofitel, would have been a bit easier on my ticker if I had've been told at check in though. Two fantastic rooms with 180+ degree views of city, bay and the old Olympic park precint, almost didn't need to go to the football.

Over the next few days, I could only question one thing. How in the hell dd the Bar Supervisor at the Atrium remember me from Xmas, and worse, what I drank!!!I could not fault the service or attitude of the staff at any time. Room service arrived within the nominated time, turndown was unobtrusive the night I was in the room, Fantastic views across the city and bay. Bed to die for, and I love the little technology touches employed. Once you sort it out it is fantastic.Club Sofitel Staff who could not do enough at any stage to help.

Check out was a dream, "well take you bag sir, go and have some breakfast and we will bring the account over when it is ready" A genuine smile and Good bye Sir as I left.

Really cannot fault Sofitel on Collins this time, and will definitely be back in the near future. The Club rooms are really worth the extra, especially if you are lucky enough to get a bonus upgrade as I did this time.

Room Tip: Go the club rooms, really worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for writing such a positive review of your return trip to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I am glad this time we lived up to your expectations on this visit and our Ambassadors provided you quality service. It is fantastic to read you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am a frequent traveller in and outside of Australia. I have stayed in many Sofitel hotels around the globe and proud to say that Sofitel Melbourne is one the best I have stayed in. Sofitel Silom Road (now the Pullman) and Sofitel Sukhumvit are fantastic in the Accor chain of hotels. Sofitel Wenworth in Sydney by far is the worst, I must say. Staff are unfriendly and arrogant. Try to avoid it if possible.

Thank you to all the staff at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins who looked after me during my stay from 30apr to 2May 2013. Reservation staff, Lauren wood is highly recommended for her professionalism and prompt reply to all my requests. Thank you Lauren.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I was very pleased to read your comments about the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you also for your kind words about Lauren from Reservations, it is truly appreciated. She will be thrilled to read your comments. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bellerive, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Sofitel staff were lovely and the wotif mystery deal made this a real bargain. My room on the 45th Floor had wonderful views of the southbank and Port Philip Bay and the room has everything you would expect and unfortunately a few things that you wouldn't.

Specifically the cleanliness and function of the bathroom let them down. There were hairs in the bath when I arrived. Yes, I checked straight away - I always do. I let two go unremarked but sofitel there should be none and there were 5. Even if I was not one to carefully check, the long thick one adorning the plug could not have been missed by anyone who took a bath.

So having tidied the bath to my satisfaction I took a bath and was shocked to discover the bathroom was flooded when I stepped out. Fortunately it was only the bath mat which got soaked but I could easily have left clothes lying there. The problem seemed to be with the drain from the bath which backed up and caused a puddle covering about 1/3 of the bathroom floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I am disappointed to read about the problem incidences you encountered. I have reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper as what you experienced was unacceptable. I can assure you these problems are not normal and I have reviewed your feedback with my team to ensure this does not occur in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sofitel during a recent business trip to Melbourne. While the trip was business, i wish i could have staid a whole week longer at the Sofitel. The rooms, service, and style were all top level and could not have asked for a nicer stay. The view alone is worth a trip half way around the world. Thank you Sofitel!

Room Tip: The higher floors have killer views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I was delighted to read you review of Sofitel Melbourne On Collins and I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Launceston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed two nights at the end of our Australian trip and were delighted to arrive and be immediately met by a welcoming concierge to take our luggage and park the car. Great welcome by reception and my emailed request for a room on a high floor with a view was fulfilled. (Often ignored in my experience). We found all the staff we encountered were excellent, polite and smiling. The room and en suite were a good size, clean, well equipped and comfortable with wonderful views.
The location is good, right in the centre of things and there were plently of bars, cafes, takaways and restaurants in the immediate vicinity, plus shops and for cricket and Australian football fans, the MCC.
The only negative would be that breakfast was extremely expensive ($43 for a full Australian and $39 for a continental) as was overnight parking ($40 per night) but that was of course, our choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I was glad to read that we were able to accommodate your high floor request and that you enjoyed the views. I also appreciate your comments about the cost of breakfast and parking and I thank you for sharing your concerns.

Been to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!