“fabulous views of Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“fabulous views of Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great room, service and very clean.
Wonderful restaurant and service with fabulous buffet breakfast.
Would stay again.
Valet service with all belongings carried from room and loaded into car greatly appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great hotel with super friendly staff, & comfortable rooms. I took my partner here for her birthday and they made us feel very welcome and special. The cleaning staff got an early start and woke me and the Manager coordinated a move without drama then went above and beyond to provide a bottle of bubbly and snack for her birthday.

Great location with easy access to the trams - you can get anywhere in CBD either by foot or tram and anywhere else you need to go by tram. The rooms are all above the 35th floor and at street level are a number of shops and cafe's so lots of options for a quick breakfast. Great views of the city and/or bay and relatively quiet for a CBD locale. My only gripe would be the electronic touch pad screen that controls all the lighting takes a bit of getting used to.

Next trip to Melbourne - I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our Ambassadors. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Batemans Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Unexpected surprises ,from champaiigne in our room on arrival for our 31 year wedding anniversary to just simple good service and cleanliness, well done. We are staying at the Sofitel Sydney next week for a number of days and hope we enjoy the overall experience we enjoyed in Melbourne, thank you again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It is always lovely to receive such positive comments. Enjoy your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was an amazing place to stay. My only critique of the hotel was a minor fault with the television reception but that didn't faze us too much. We had an amazing view, the staff were incredibly helpful in going the extra mile and it was a lovely way to spend my anniversary. The location is great too.

Room Tip: There is a secret deal on lastminute for a 5 star hotel up the Paris end of the CBD. We got an excel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was concerned to learn you had issues with the TV reception and I sincerely apologise for the impact this had on your stay. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future.
Heathcote
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stay here at least once a year - this year for my birthday. The hotel is well staffed, friendly, welcoming and always an expected pleasure. Terence, the customer Relations Manager, is always there to greet us and to do something special. It was like that again - chocolates & champagne! The room is comfortable and well fitted, the restaurant has excellent breakfast choices and everyone is helpful and friendly. Wish I could afford this treatment all of the time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay.
It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. Thank you also for your comments about Terence, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to him. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A wonderful place for a special occasion, I was left feeling cosseted and cared for as I celebrated my Birthday with my partner. Emily, the Manager, and her staff took care of those small finishing touches that make the ordinary special. Emily happily moved us to a new suite away from construction noise outside the hotel, came bearing a bottle of bubbly and personally took care of all those horrible bits about moving rooms.
I am notoriously fussy about hotel rooms but our suite had everything we not just needed but could want, right down to the last little detail. And if we ran out of anything the housekeeper cheerfully went out of her way to take care of it. And the views to the bay were glorious.
The bar manager, Greg was welcoming and chatty but not intrusive; the concierges happy to show us the maps twice!; and Kayna at Reception kind and welcoming and always remembered the little details. And I apologise if I have any of your names wrong.
Having stayed in many hotels around the world that claim to be 5 star, this was a wonderful experience. Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are above the 35 floor so road noise isn't a problem. I would ask for a room overlooki...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I also appreciate your lovely words about our Ambassadors and I will be sure to share this with them. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.

Been to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!