3 night long-weekend visit to see the cricket. Great location, minutes walk from central CBD and MCG. Large room for a city centre hotel. The views are stunning as the hotel starts on floor 35 of the building. The service was excellent - we wanted to watch the Six Nations rugby but it was not available in the room as they didn't have ESPN (which they should have really considering the prices) - but the concierge found us a bar down the road open until 4am so we could watch our match. Food prices, particularly breakfast, are very high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel