“romantic night at a 5 star hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Early Booking
Ranked #4 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
melbourne, australia
“romantic night at a 5 star hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

By far one of the best hotels in melbourne with a touch of french class.
The restaurants there are excellent and cater for any dietry requirements, it would be advisable to pre-warn the restaurant prior to arriving(give 2-3 days notice ).They were very accomodating.
Staff were excellent and did everything for us to experinec our stay most memorable

Room Tip: I would splash out a little and upgrade to a club lounge room.\Trust me you won't regret it. On...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am glad we were able to make your stay 'most memorable'. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay with my husband in a luxurious Prestige Suite with Club access for my birthday. This is the 4th time I have stayed at this divine hotel and I was pleased to see that its standards have not slipped. What I love about the Sofitel is that when I stay there, I feel like a celebrity. It is all the little details like the Bonjour from the staff, the welcome letter and the free gift for my birthday that makes me feel so special.
Club Sofitel is amazing and in my opinion, is by far the best Club that I have used in any of Melbourne's 5 star Hotels.
Finally, I can not possibly forget to mention the views. With a guaranteed view from the 35th floor or above, Sofitel cannot not be beaten on breathtaking views. From our 45th floor we had incredible 180 degree views of Melbourne. We could see the bay, the city and at night seeing the lights spreading for kilometres across the suburbs is unforgettable.
Thank you Sofitel and your fantastic staff for making my birthday so perfect!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins to celebrate such a special occasion. It is always such a pleasure to read positive comments from our guests. I will ensure your feedback is shared with my team; they will be thrilled to read your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
Dunedin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is impressive. Occupting the 35th floor and above the view from the rooms impress from the start. I was on the 49th floor in a Junior suite. Very classy. Everything including the lighting was easy to use and intuitive. I splashed on the 'club' and will never visit a sofitel again without doing so. The cost is easily gained in benefits and the difference is vast. from a turndown service to the club lounge- worth every cent. I recommend this hotel to all business and personal travellers

Room Tip: upper floors are best and ALWAYS splash for the Club Sofitel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It is wonderful to read your review of our hotel – thank you.
I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the not too distant future.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very nice hotel with great views of mcg. Room very clean and spacious. Beds were ok, I like firm support, these were more "cloud like" but that is about the only thing I can say wrong with my stay. Staff and amenities were first class.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed the views of the MCG. I was also appreciative of your comments regarding the Sofitel MyBed, and even though we seldom receive unenthusiastic comments regarding the Sofitel MyBed experience, I recognise and acknowledge your feedback about the bed being too soft. I profusely apologise for the impact this has on your sleep. We can remove the bed topper or soft part of the bed which would in turn reveal a firm mattress. Some of our guests prefer this and we are happy to do this.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We loved the view of the city lights from our room. It was really beautiful. Wonderful bed, lovely bathroom, short walk to dinner at the Press Club. Lovely place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We look forward to staying again some time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary. I’m glad you enjoyed the spectacular view of the city lights and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent hotel. All staff were very welcoming and friendly. The room was a good size, very clean and up to date lighting/technology. Extremely quiet and bed and pillows so comfortable. Great views, the atrium and bar area just beautiful and welcoming for a drink or cup of coffee. Would recommend to others and will stay again. Good location up the top end of Collins Street, short walk down the hill to the train station and trams close-by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel’s location and the service we provided.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your comments and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!