“Very Good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #57 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Manchester
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

This was our first stop-over in Australia and we weren't dissapointed. The Vibe hotel is in an excellent location in which to explore the wonderful city of Melbourne. We walked evreywhere into the city from the hotel which is also a few minutes walk from the excellent South Bank bars and restaurants. The hotel staff were great and made us feel very welcome upon our arrival. It was 'Melbourne Cup' week when we arrived and the staff couldn't be more helpful, recommending sights and offering to arrange tickets and transport to the event.
This wasn't our first choice of hotel in Melbourne as that had been over booked and we had been placed in the 'Vibe' instead.....however we were very glad as we had an enjoyable stay here and would reccomend this hotel as an excellent base in which to discover Melbourne.

• Liked — Great location for exploring Melbourne
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

The art deco feel of this hotel made my work stay feel like a weekday holiday. The room facilities were fabulous.

The staff were good and my room service breakfast was a lovely way to start the day.

The location across from DFO made it easy to shop after work.

And yes I did get lots of work done at the office during the day.

• Liked — the facilities
  • Disliked — the breakfast waiter
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hauraki Plains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

Excellent location and the staff were so obliging. Nothing was too much trouble. I stayed there with one of our children while hubby stayed up the road with the other 2. We had the better hotel by far. We all frequently dined in the restaurant and they catered especially for the kids (cooking chicken nuggets & chips) when then was nothing on the menu they wanted. Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

Stayed at the Vibe in December 2006, loved it!!!!
Close to everything, DFO at Southern Cross Station, Dockland & Casino Restaurants & Telstra Dome.
Beautifully refurbished rooms, nice and clean, friendly & helpful staff. Our room was on the 8th floor and extremly quiet.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NE Vic, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

The room was ok ,apparently I was upgraded because they had over booked, if this was the Executive suite I would hate to see the standard room.
There were 2 single bed doonas on the King sized bed that left a gap in the middle and were too short when I turned them the other way around.
There was some sort of electrical fault in the switches just inside the door which kept making zapping noises and interfering with the TV.
It was very noisy for sleeping as the room was 5 floors up facing Spencer St station directly above a tram stop which kept dinging all night.
Room service was quite good.

• Liked — That it was close to where I had to work.
  • Disliked — I really didn't sleep a wink all night, too noisy.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2006

I stayed overnight at the Vibe Savoy prior to the Commonwealth Games commencing.

I had a surprising immediate check-in at 8am, and my room was available straight away! This was most welcome after an early flight. The staff was very pleasant.

The room has a great interior, and was very quiet. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was more than adequate.

I obtained a great rate through ratestogo(-)- recommended.

• Stayed March 2006
melbourne, australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2005

I stayed at the Savoy after a work Xmas party. My previous stay in November was brilliant, however this time my experience was less than satisfactory. I got back to my room at midnight and at 1.30am was awoken by 2 very drunk workmates yelling and banging on my door. Luckily I use the dead bolt because the ultra intelligent front desk clerk not only told them my room number, but also gave them a key!!!! I did complain on the Monday after my stay and was told to contact them direct next time I wanted to book and would be looked after. The Vibe's way of looking after you is to offer you a room at the price I paid for it via the Qantas website and then offer either a free upgrade or breakfast. Don't insult me! Going to stay at the Holiday Inn down the street. At least the Holiday Inn has a pool and does not seem to be as tired and worn out as the Savoy. The Vibe Savoy is mutton dressed up as lamb.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!