“Terrific” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #52 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Terrific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Upon our arrival, check in went smoothly, very friendly and helpful staff. We had a twin single room which was quiet and clean. My friend slept very well however I found the mattress to be a little to hard. Overall, excellent location and a very enjoyable stay. Thank you

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Michelle D S,
Thank you for your message. We really appreciate the time you’ve taken to post this. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and have addressed the issue about the mattress and hope to see you again soon!

Assitant Hotel Manager
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel is opposite Spencer Street Station on the edge of the CBD.

Staff were polite and helpful. The room had a comfortable bed but no comfy chair. The shower was fine but over a bath with high sides.

I could hear my neighbour through the interconnecting door and noise from the corridor was quite loud.

Despite its Art Deco origins the room decor has echoes of the French Empire style with its mirror panelled cabinetry, marble topped tables and decorative ceiling flourishes.The breakfast dining room is a bizarre mishmash of decor style.

Pros

The queen room on the 9th floor was large enough to move around easily and well lit during daylight hours.

Comfortable bed with a selection of pillows and large cushions.

Two quilts, one for each side of bed.

Power points over desk.

Light control in bedside cabinet.

iPod dock.

Selection of teas, milk in tiny tubs.

Breakfast buffet OK (mushrooms with spinach a nice change)

Cons

Expensive WFfi.

Little external noise but I could hear my neighbour through the interconnecting door and there was noise from the corridor.

Alarm still set from previous occupant.

Shower over small bath with high sides.

Dinner in restaurant on ground floor not great, fish over cooked.

Room Tip: If quiet is important ask for a room without an interconnecting door.
Dear Theo C,

I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Vibe Savoy Hotel.

Thank you for pointing out the alarm clock still set from previous guest and the fish in our restuarant, both comments have been passed onto each department to address.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here recently for business purposes, lovely refurbished interior of the original features and columns etc ... the conference rooms were a stand out , as was the lunch provided... the room , while smallish had been tastefully decorated and not beige but were quite nice in a french style... I had the last room available so perhaps that may account for it being on the small size with twin beds, but I was a very last minute booking,... only thing was that I was woken at 4am as the toilet gurgled away... but it was clean, very comfortable, included toiletries which was a nice surprise, well appointed bathroom... Breakfast was also above ordinary with a good selection all presented well... highly recommend

Dear Mobogo,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Vibe Savoy Hotel. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

I am pleased that you found our conference rooms a stand out, along with the lunch. I appreciate your feedback on the toilet and will ensure that this is passed onto the team.

Laverton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My Wife and I stayed at the Vibe for the footy. We have stayed on a number of occasions. Great location and the rooms are very comfortable. The food is excellent and recommend have the breackfast in then Dinning Room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Colin R,
Thank you for your message. We really appreciate the time you’ve taken to post this. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I want my frequent flyer points
That's why I stayed there. The room was great best hotel in a long time. I will come back for sure in August. I thought the breakfast could use a better vegetarian option

Dear James T,
Thanks so much for this great feedback! I ahve passed on your comment to our chef about more vegetarian options. We’re so glad you enjoyed your time at Vibe Savoy Hotel and we will see you again in August.

Geelong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

For a 2 night stay in the city, this is a great location. Easy to walk everywhere. Room was pleasant and was nice to be able to have a drink in the bar on returning from a big day out. Highly recommend for a short, well priced break.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Trish V,

Edwardstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

For a quick over night stay for a one day course was it was convenient and affordable. Rooms nicely presented. Close to transport incl. airport shuttle.
there were a couple of negatives, I didn't think the staff were particularly friendly at reservations. Toilet didn't flush properly and I couldn't find the tv remote - I didn't bother to let anyone know as I was really only there for less than 24 hours!

Overall a comfortable stay. Would stay here again especially if going to the football at Etihad Stadium.

Dear Antonia M,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback on your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and, where necessary, improve upon service levels for our valued guests.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations and was disappointed to learn that you felt the reservations team was not very friendly. We have also passed on your feedback regarding the toilet and as a result, this issue has now been fixed.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your stay and I hope we would have another opportunity to welcome you back to Vibe Savoy Hotel in the future.

Vibe Savoy Hotel

Been to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!