“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #56 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the vibe savoy hotel, Rooms were huge, clean, and very comfortable. Staff was very friendly.

Hotel was in very nice location, found most tour buses had a pick up right outside the hotel across from the Southern Cross Station. Although we love to walk so walked most of the city on our own.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear WorldtravelerSML

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne are so thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay and would like to thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne soon!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed last Saturday night to go to the Taylor Swift concert and it was the perfect location for this. We were able to check in an hour earlier which was great. The twin room was large and had all the amenities. I would recommend this hotel to travellers wanting to be close to Southern Cross Station, the tram, Casino, Etihad and Docklands.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Stormchaser71

Thank you for your review.

We agree that the hotel is in an excellent location and our Team strive to offer the best service possible.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a nice relaxing city break. When I booked the room through booking.co. It said it would not charge my card....I later found out at the end of our stay when checking my account that the hotel had charged my card when I booked it a month prior to staying.
When we arrived we decided we wanted breakfast so we paid I think around $27. One we were in the lift they advertised the breakfast for I think $22 or around that, if booked the night before...which we did however we paid the more expensive price. We had a ten dollar meal at the bar which was nice. The rooms are small compared to the photos. We asked if it would be possible to have a bath as after working on a farm for four months we had only had showers. Well I am 5 foot 3 and I could not lay in it so good luck to someone's who's taller. Very disappointed. Very surprised that after paying what we did there was a charge for wifi. Majority of hotels I have stayed at provide free wifi as you are paying for a nice hotel. Even in hostels I have had free wifi.
The breakfast buffet was good..... Lovely variety and the staff appeared helpful and friendly. This hotel is in a great location it's just a shame it does not live up to the presentation on the website
Overall we were disappointed with our stay and wish we would have chosen another hotel or paid more for another hotel. I would not stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Carly H

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We are glad you enjoyed the service & location of the hotel. Our Standard Rooms are compatible in size with most Australian hotel rooms. I am sorry that the pre-paid breakfast special was not communicated to you correctly on check in; I have followed up with the Front Office team to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

For any future travellers reference the hotel provides 30 minutes complementary WI-FI in reception daily for up to 2 devices per room.

Once again thank you for leaving your feedback; we truly believe that our guest’s comments are a true indication of the hotels performance.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in December 2013 as I was attending a concert at Etihad stadium. It is a very nice hotel and the staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. I was on the 6th floor and the room was perfect - had everything you needed. The best thing has to be the location - across the road from Southern Cross Station & Etihad Stadium and within walking distance of Bourke Street and right across from the Spencer Outlet Centre. The only downside was they had rather loud music quite early (7am) the next morning - not sure where it was but i could hear it from my room. I would highly recommend for travellers - especially if you are going to Etihad stadium.

Room Tip: i would recommend requesting a room on the outside (looking towards little collins street) as my vie...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rachel G

Thank you for time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

At Vibe Savoy we pride ourselves on our friendly service, great location & comfortable rooms. From the feedback you have provided we are delighted your experience with us was pleasant and you got to utilise the all the hotel’s facilities.

We hope you see you back at Vibe Savoy next time you are in Melbourne.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Vibe Savoy while I attended a conference (Nov/Dec 2013). At the time of booking the staff promptly responded to my inquiries about getting to and from the convention center and early arrival. Upon arriving we were able to check in early. The convention center was a short walk. The staff (especially JC-I think that is his name) was great in assisting with booking an excursion and any questions we had. The internet/wifi is the only complaint I have. You can pay $2 for 10 minutes in the business center, get 30 minutes free/day in the lobby or pay for in room use. The connectivity was very slow so it takes longer to connect than to actually use it. JC tried his best to get me connected, but it just took a long time. The lobby level bar/restaurant has they typical "Melbourne" $10 lunch specials. It is convenient, but just ok in taste. Dinner was a little better. The hotel is across from a central bus station that have buses that run to and from the airport. There is even a mall over there. This was a very conveniently located hotel with great staff at a good price. The room was a tad small and the shower sits up so you have to be careful stepping out of it (I almost fell one day). The shower also only has a half door so sometimes water spills out onto the floor. There was no "self-service" laundry facility. You can send it out, but it is costly. I would stay here again if I returned to Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kelly P

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. I was delighted to read your feedback about our guest service. I believe you are referring to GK in your comments, he is a true star when it comes to guest service and continuously does his best to assist everyone. It is always great when a guest recognises the outstanding service provided by individual team members.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Savoy in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We loved staying at the Vibe Savoy Hotel in Melbourne. The rooms were clean and tidy and had everything you would need for your stay. We had the buffet breakfast, which was delicious and quite reasonably priced. The bed was very comfortable. We weren't bothered by street noise and had no trouble sleeping. The staff were great, very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anthony H
The Team at Vibe Savoy are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay . Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed here mid week for a couple of days, and although it is across the road from perhaps the busiest train station in Melbourne, the noise was not a problem. The bar/cafe in the foyer was welcoming and quite nice for a night cap or a bite to eat. The room was well appointed with a nice size sitting area , desk reasonable bathroom and a mezzanine floor bedroom with a comfortable and large bed. The breakfast was definitely a high light, although much the standard fare for a four star it was all hot, fresh and tasty and the service was excellent. If this place is in you price range I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Glenn_adelaide

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed not only the rooms at the hotel but were delighted with the buffet breakfast as well.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!