“Saturday nite in town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #50 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Saturday nite in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Good:
* valet parking: quick and efficient
* The politeness of the staff
* The helpfulness of the staff
* The effectiveness of the 'key' - we have experienced issues with keys over the years

The Bad:
* ONE tissue in the tissue box!
* light over the desk didn't work
* noise from the dinning room was disturbing in the morning (we had an inward facing room

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Stewart R

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed the service provided by the team. At Vibe Savoy we pride ourselves on our friendly service; I truly believe that feedback from our guests is the only true measure of a hotel’s performance.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy soon.

879 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our recent tour of Australia.

It is located opposite the Southern Cross station where you can catch a coach direct to the airport. Walk a short distance and you can jump on the City Circle tram which is free and as its name suggests, circles the centre of Melbourne. You can hop on and off and visit whichever attractions are of interest to you.

The hotel is clean and modern with a large lobby.

The room we stayed in was not as big as in some of the other hotels we stayed at, but was plenty adequate for a one night stay. It had all the usual facilities one would expect from accommodation of this standard.

There was no free wifi available in the room. Free wifi available in the reception area was limited to 30 minutes per 24 hours for one device per room only, usable all at once. We never even bothered trying to get online. We used the free service provided at the State Library of Victoria and various other establishments within the city.

Breakfast was included for our tour group and was buffet style and to a good standard.

For its excellent location and overall quality, I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vigo63

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review!

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne. I also agree that the location of the hotel is ideal in many ways – we are very close to many of the local attractions and transport.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy soon.

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was the cheapest I could find in the city a few weeks ago, I wasn't sure what to expect but was more than pleasantly surprised. My partner and I booked a king room. Upon arrival we were upgraded to and executive room, which I assume was just a bit bigger in floor space than a normal one. It was a beautiful room, extremely comfortable bed and so centrally located to everything we needed. The staff were fabulous and if I had to pick anything I would say the bathrooms are a bit out dated but given the overall experience this was not a bother to us. This will definitely be our choice of hotel for any future stays in Melbourne.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lisa w

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed not only the rooms at the hotel but found our team to be friendly.

On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne soon!

Brighton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel has a nice style to it, there is very little noise, good views of the station opposite, good location and I love the modern but older styled feel to it. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and even arranged for me to use a nearby pool at a sister hotel (would be nice if they had a pool here). The faults were; I booked a kingsize room and rather than a kingsized bed it was 2 beds pushed together which was a bit dissapointing at first, but it was still a very comforable bed to stay in, the TV was in a cupboard and quite small and there were no instructions to use the "master switch" to get everything to work, also I think a more "non slip" approach to the bathrooms would be good, the bath side to the shower/bath was quite high and although it looked nice wasnt very practical to get out of, therefore I slipped and now have quite a bruise from this. The other thing was the booking in and out, I booked online and gave my card details, I then had to give my card details again and do more paperwork to check in and again make a further payment for the room to leave, I was also charged more than the room cost for a deposit and have to wait for this to be returned. Having said this, overall it was a nice hotel to stay in, with a very clean and spacious room a great location and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Denise C

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. It’s common practice for a hotel to take an imprint of a credit card or debit card at check in. The funds are then used on check out to take care of the accommodation and any extra charges incurred during your stay.

The remaining funds are then released within 7 working days depending on who you bank with. If the hold still appears on your account please contact the hotel to get this released sooner.

I sincerely hope that this did not affect your stay too much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Tamworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We just returned from a four night stay at the Vibe. We had a great time and found the hotel location fantastic. We walked everywhere and found plenty of lovely places to explore and eat at. The room was comfortable and clean. The only complaint I had was the shampoo and conditioner provided - small complaint. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Missdannilouise

The Team at Vibe Savoy are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay . Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, predominantly due to the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful, constantly smiling and greeting us, even the cleaning staff. Room was not huge but very comfortable, breakfast was amazing...! Minor gripe would be the shower was difficult to get into and showerhead needs replacing, too low and thin. Pillows were hard! But that did not detract from the overall niceness of this great hotel. Definitely recommend

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AliciaGirl2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

I was delighted to read your feedback about our team’s guest service. It is always great when a guest recognises the outstanding service provided by team members.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Savoy in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I loved this hotel, great interior, room was really well furnished and spacious. Lobby and bar were great. Location is good, close to Southern Cross. Nice selection at breakfast. It feels very up-market although my room was reasonably priced.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear slackblooke

Thank you for time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

At Vibe Savoy we pride ourselves on our friendly service, great location & comfortable rooms. From the feedback you have provided we are delighted your experience with us was pleasant and you got to utilise the all the hotel’s facilities.

We hope you see you back at Vibe Savoy next time you are in Melbourne.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!