“Location location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #51 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Location location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked this hotel because I had to fly out very early from Melbourne, and needed to arrange airport transfers. I ran into problems when I found out most of the city's hotel shuttles to the Skybus terminal start up later in the morning. The Vibe Savoy was perfectly located, directly opposite the S. Cross station, so it provided easy walking access to get to the Skybus at 4:30 (!) am. That said, it was also easy walking distance to Hardware lane restaurants, shopping, and trams. The hotel's ambience and staff were great, but I did not stay long enough to really experience it. On arrival, the room looked clean and fantastic, but found the matrass was sunken and sound from the neighbouring room carried - not a good night's sleep for an early wake-up. Test the bed before settling in for the night! All said, good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear DrWalkabout

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We are glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the service provided by the team. The hotel has an ongoing preventative bed maintenance program in place; please feel free to contact me to discuss your visit further so I can investigate the room you stayed in.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you’re in Melbourne.

919 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Slightly disappointed with our stay here. Hassle to get connected to wifi, room was just about ok but major complaints over the dirty towels in the room when we arrived. Coupled with the lack of information given when we arrived it was a shame to start our visit that way.
Things improved, the restaurant does a good deal at lunchtime and the local tram is very accessible.
Worst of all though, the walls in the room are paper thin! Could hear the man in the next room coughing all night!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Sue A,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Savoy.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I am sorry to read that stay did not meet your expectations. I have addressed your customer service concerns with the Front Office department to improve our overall guest experience.

I spoke with our Housekeeping team as soon as you informed us of the towels in your room. I sincerely hope you found the housekeeping up to standard for the remainder of your stay.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Airport express bus, major train station, trams and even a horse and carriage -- they are all a couple of minutes from the front door.
The staff members were extremely professional, polite and friendly.
My room was spacious, spotlessly clean and faced inwards so it was very quiet.
I have stayed here before and I would very happily stay here anytime I am in Melbourne and using public transport. The situation is ideal and the hotel definitely four and a half stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear carilloneur,

We are so glad to read fabulous feedback from our returning guests! I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

I was especially please to read that you found the team professional, polite & friendly!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel was great! Great location, great size rooms, very clean! Nice bar, & restaurant. Breakfast lovely and very good value! Would definitely stay here again!
Staff great, they attended to everything we asked for!

Room Tip: Executive rooms lovely, large and very comfortable with sofa bed!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jenny b

On behalf the team and I we would sincerely like to thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with such great feedback.

At Vibe Savoy we pride ourselves on our friendly service so thank you for acknowledging the team for the helpful service that we strive to deliver.

We hope to welcome you and your extended party back to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne soon!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed 2 nights, the staff bar one were so lovely and helpful. It was a busy time when I stayed however I didn't get the room I had asked for, I booked over the phone the night before and when I got there, there was no room allocated to me. It was sorted, but again I didn't get the room I had asked for. The room was lovely and comfy, good view. I had a few little problems such as my remote was broken and the TV kept loosing reception. Also the menu for in room dining was not right.....apparently it was an old menu and there was a little bit of chasing up to do to correct it. One staff member would tell me one thing and then another would tell me something else.
If you are elderly or disabled you need to be careful what room you get as the shower is over the bath and it is quite difficult to get in and out. Maybe the hotel could look at putting some grab rails up to make it safer. Over all I had a nice stay, I may stay again if my room is corrected, as in I get the one I asked for. Very, very convenient location, directly across from a major interstate/country/local train station. And only a short stroll to the main streets. It is a smoke free hotel, so if you are a smoker you have to go outside and there is no shelter if its bad weather.
I think the Vibe is defiantly worth a stay.....good value etc, just make sure they defiantly have your room booked.

Room Tip: My first time staying there, I say go for the more expensive, higher floor rooms....they seem bigger...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tracey B

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I am sorry to read that you did not get the room you had asked for; we try our very best to allocate the rooms our guests request however unfortunately due to occupancy levels and other guests already being checked in we can’t always meet these requests.

I have addressed your concerns in regards to the incorrect menu with the Food & Beverage department to improve our overall guest. May I suggest when you return to Melbourne next you try out our disable room. This room has a walk in shower so may meet your needs better.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I shared a room over the AFL GF weekend, and the hotel was great. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is literally 2 mins from the Airport skybus and 5 mins from the Crown complex. The rooms were nice and the service and friendliness of the staff was commendable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear wonda_womn

The Team at Vibe Savoy are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a Vibe Hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room I had was own the corner of he hotel had great views and breakfast was very good as well - great location if you come from the skybus or from any vline location that goes to the city well worth staying there

Room Tip: I used room 412
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Brenny1234

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Vibe Savoy Melbourne, from the comfort of your room to the quality of breakfast. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy Melbourne in the very near future.

Kind regards
Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!