“Staff are so lovely....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #53 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Staff are so lovely....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed 2 nights, the staff bar one were so lovely and helpful. It was a busy time when I stayed however I didn't get the room I had asked for, I booked over the phone the night before and when I got there, there was no room allocated to me. It was sorted, but again I didn't get the room I had asked for. The room was lovely and comfy, good view. I had a few little problems such as my remote was broken and the TV kept loosing reception. Also the menu for in room dining was not right.....apparently it was an old menu and there was a little bit of chasing up to do to correct it. One staff member would tell me one thing and then another would tell me something else.
If you are elderly or disabled you need to be careful what room you get as the shower is over the bath and it is quite difficult to get in and out. Maybe the hotel could look at putting some grab rails up to make it safer. Over all I had a nice stay, I may stay again if my room is corrected, as in I get the one I asked for. Very, very convenient location, directly across from a major interstate/country/local train station. And only a short stroll to the main streets. It is a smoke free hotel, so if you are a smoker you have to go outside and there is no shelter if its bad weather.
I think the Vibe is defiantly worth a stay.....good value etc, just make sure they defiantly have your room booked.

Room Tip: My first time staying there, I say go for the more expensive, higher floor rooms....they seem bigger...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Tracey B

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I am sorry to read that you did not get the room you had asked for; we try our very best to allocate the rooms our guests request however unfortunately due to occupancy levels and other guests already being checked in we can’t always meet these requests.

I have addressed your concerns in regards to the incorrect menu with the Food & Beverage department to improve our overall guest. May I suggest when you return to Melbourne next you try out our disable room. This room has a walk in shower so may meet your needs better.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

968 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I shared a room over the AFL GF weekend, and the hotel was great. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is literally 2 mins from the Airport skybus and 5 mins from the Crown complex. The rooms were nice and the service and friendliness of the staff was commendable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear wonda_womn

The Team at Vibe Savoy are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a Vibe Hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room I had was own the corner of he hotel had great views and breakfast was very good as well - great location if you come from the skybus or from any vline location that goes to the city well worth staying there

Room Tip: I used room 412
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Brenny1234

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Vibe Savoy Melbourne, from the comfort of your room to the quality of breakfast. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy Melbourne in the very near future.

Kind regards
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

For the price, I found the hotel and amenities outdated and unimpressive. Could hear everything going on in other peoples rooms, right down to phone conversations (and being able to hear the person on speaker reply)! However, the staff were incredible. I requested a quiet room away from the elevators, which they provided, and gave me a top floor room to get away from the street noise. Looked after my bags during the day before my afternoon flight, and even provided an umbrella for that Melbourne weather! I found the position great - right across from the train station, which meant a 2 minute walk to the airport transfer bus ($17 one way rather than an expensive taxi ride). The CBD of Melbourne is so accessible by Tram, and is walking distance to Southwarf DFO and Harbour Town.

I also ordered breakfast to my room which was a little pricey but tasted pretty good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ashleigh M

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

The team are pleased to hear that you found their service incredible and agree that the location of the hotel is convenient if coming from the airport or travelling via train.

We hope to see you back at Vibe Savoy next time you travel to Melbourne.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel was spotless and I enjoyed me room. It's in a convenient location, extremely close (across the street) to the drop off point of the skybus from the airport. The breakfast buffet wasn't the greatest value in the world, but was pleasant. The only downsides (I was on level 9) are that there are only 2 lifts which are quite slow, and also that the walls are pretty paper thin, so it depends on your luck as to the noise from your neighbors. I would happily stay here again, the staff were helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Ben S

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read you enjoyed our location and rooms. I was also pleased to see that you found the team helpful.

On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the Vibe Savoy when you return to Melbourne.

Kind regards
Viterbo, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a medium quality hotel, it's difficult you can complain about a service from them. But surely you can complain about the price of all their amenities. Rooms are not bad, just like the location (good if you want to have a medium walk to the center). But if you get there by car you need to pay 40$!! It's almost like the room fee! Let's not talk about breakfast! To conclude, it's possible to find a same quality hotel on a better price

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear mario p

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms & location. Our Valet Parking is offered to all guests at a price of $30 per night which is comparable to other hotels in the area.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Swansea, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel, whilst a little bit old inside, is absolutely perfectly situated for interstate travellers. Directly across the road from the Southern Cross station, this solves the problem of how to get from the Melbourne Airport to your hotel. There's no train and cab fares are ridiculous - this hotel makes the Skybus an absolute pleasure.
Great value lunches available at the bar, and friendly staff. Will stay every time I return to Melbourne on business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dave C

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We are glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel. I agree that our $10 Lunch Specials are great value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you’re in Melbourne.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!