“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and selected the hotel for it's location and previous reviews. This hotel provided good service from check in, happy to secure my bags when I arrived early. My room was warm and comfortable, with a great layout so my suitcase was right by the bathroom. The towels were fluffy and the bathroom products nice. My room overlooked the train station but I was not disturbed by any noise. Everything was clean and well maintained. I did use the gym which is small but functional with great basic equipment (pity I couldn't find the TV remote!). Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business during July. It is opposite Spencer Street Station and has a supermarket nearby by no kitchenette in the rooms to self cater. Walking into the hotel the first thing I saw was the receptionist walking back to her desk with a full hot packet of 2minute noodles... Not a good sign.

The lobby is pleasant, and there is a nice atrium built above the lobby. The hallways to the floors were nice but that's where it ended. The rooms were small, the covers were thin, the TV, the Internet and the hotwaterkettle didn't work. Like another reviewer, I Also found the walls were paper thin which meant that one could hear what was going on next door. The decor in the rooms is cheap and cheerful, almost motel style, the Beds were uncomfortable, the duvets way too thin for a mid winter night, so all up a very poor night's sleep.
I didn't bother to try the room service or breakfast, but won't be back. It's important to get a good night's rest when away for work.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night. We were given a room with no view, well a view of the inside of the hotel, no big deal really as it was only $169 inc Buffet breakfast for 2, through Webjet. Hotel has some charm though does need an update. Shower head wouldnt stay on its holder, so showering wasnt fun!! Breakfast was nice, though the staff need some tips on service, just a bit lacking, it was as if we were in their way! Would stay again if under $180, but would ensure we didnt get the same type of room.

Room Tip: Dont get an inside room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Glen at the concierge helped this establishment surpass my expectations. He gave us great tips on walking tour through the city. We were also looking for good Indian food and Glen took the time to research the newest and trendiest place and got back with us as promised. He's a great resource if you need suggestions on what to do, where to eat, how to enjoy the city like a true native.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wangaratta, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night on return from a 4 week trip to Malaysia.
The hotel is very well located opposite Southern Cross Station for both Skybus and Trains. I chose it for just that reason as I arrived on a late flight at Melbourne Airport and had to catch a train to Wangaratta the next morning.
The hotel is very restored art deco with a nice bar and bar restaurant.
I was given a large upgraded room on the 4th floor right in the Little Collins St/Spencer St Corner. Considering the room location, it was quiet and I slept well.
The room was large with a queen bed, comfortable chair, sofa, coffee table, safe and large wardrobe. There was a flat panel TV.
The bathroom was a reasonable size, with a shower over a small bath, a vanity unit and toilet. Good towels etc. and amenities were provided.
I had breakfast in the 2nd floor dining room which is quite grand. There was a choice of Continental or full cooked buffet. Choices were very good.
This hotel has to one of the cleanest in which I have stayed.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bigw
Southern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Last year we stayed in a Vibe Hotel in Sydney that was easily accessible by rail from the airport with a very friendly and helpful staff. So when I started looking for a hotel in Melbourne, I was immediately attracted to the Vibe, once again because of its great location across the street from the station.

We were able to walk to all other parts of Melbourne very easily from the Vibe. Turn left, and there is a Seven Eleven or the next block. Turn right and you have a Coles supermarket also one block away.

Staff again was friendly and helpful. We check our bags in during the morning, as our plane arrival was prior to check-in by several hours.

Our room on the 7th floor was large, and everything was very clean. We did not experience any street noise from our 7th floor room.

We anticipate being back in Melbourne next March, and we will certainly book at the Vibe again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GreenUnicorn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hello fellow travellers. So my last stay was the Vibe Savoy in Melbourne. I describe this as the classic of the vibe chain. I think the location of the hotel is excellent just across from the main rail station that includes buses to the aiport and a dfo for last minute shopping. So I have stayed at this hotel before the rooms are very spacious room set out very simple and bed was good. But I aSm a person who likes a spacious bath I found this a tade small.I believe the hotel could also do who a update in reguards to more modern rooms. I was impressed with the check out more than with checking in. As for location the cbd is a 10 minute walk but has a tram stop just outside hotel. Making it very easy to get around to St Kilda Markets and other attractions. Plus Ethiad Stadium is 5 minutes walk away. Noise level not too bad minimal at best. Oh there is also a Woolies located in the rail terminal. And some great eating out spots at Southbank. Hotel value I thought was good.So out of 10 I give it a 7. Stay tuned next rewiew. from Auckland. Happy Travels

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo