“Excellent hotel, great location and staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Whanganui, New Zealand
“Excellent hotel, great location and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at the Vibe Savoy with no knowledge of Melbourne. The staff were very helpful in ensuring we got to enjoy this wonderful city. We would like to especially thank Larissa for her contribution in making our holiday an enjoyable one.
Would recommend the Savoy to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RabandBarb
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotels service and location. I have personally passed on your positive comments to the team member you mentioned in your review.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in December 2012 for 4 nights with my husband, and expected a lovely boutique hotel, but were disappointed with how the room appeared dated compared to the photos we had seen online. The room we were allocated was really small and appeared dated in appearance. We were upgraded to an executive room, but this also had a few problems. The shower water kept running hot and cold constantly, there was no extractor in the bathroom which meant it got really damp, and the shower didn't have much power at all. The mattress was really soft resulting in my husband and I having backache which affected our trip. The lights didn't function when the master switch was on and finally the housekeeping service was not great. The room barely looked clean after the room had been serviced. The bathroom wasn't clean at all. Compared to other hotels we stayed at during our travels around Australia, this hotel was the most disappointing. Location is good, but if visiting Melbourne for a short time, a hotel nearer to Flinders St Station would probably be better.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are bigger
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I was disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay and I extend my apology to you and your husband. I will follow up your concerns with the hotel team to ensure all these areas are addressed immediately. If you wish to discuss your stay in person, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Mildura, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked direct on the hotel website and got a standard King room for $125 per night which I thought was excellent considering it was early Jan and the weekend that people start arriving for the Australian Open tennis.

The room was an internal one with a large window that faced an internal atrium. This means that there was lots of light if you wanted it and there were also excellent curtains that blocked all light totally so we got a good sleep-in each morning. An advantage of the internal rooms is that they are super quiet and you don't get any street noise whatsoever. This is very rare with city hotels and having had a few sleepless nights at other hotels with all the banging and clanging, I really appreciated the quiet. I was suprised at the large size of the room and found the bed super comfortable (new?). The room was very clean with a flat screen tv (in the wardrobe), electronic safe and plenty of choice of pillows (about 8 in the room in total). Temperature was good and the bathroom was very clean and adequate for what we needed. The shower is over the bath which didn't worry us but may be an issue if you have a bad back or knees.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the location is perfect if you are using trams or are coming in from the airport on the Skybus.

Overall, I was very happy with the hotel and have stayed at places much more expensive that aren't as good and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and city noise usually bothers you, ask for an internal room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for providing such detailed feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The beds are new in the hotel, and the Atrium room type that you stayed in is certainly quiet and very large. I will pass on your great feedback to the team, and we appreciate your support of the hotel.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you again when next in Melbourne.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed during the new years eve. The room was very comfortable and the bed a pleasure to sleep in. The staff are all courteous and friendly although checking in took forever as there was queue of people waiting in front of us as someone was arguing on authorisation on Credit Card!!!! felt sorry for the poor Indian girl who was getting abused by the guest and she passed through all those swearing with a smile.
She checked us in and was so delightful after all she went through!!!
Was disappointed with the room view and the same girl offered us another room with polite and helpful manner.
Concierge was so helpful.
We enjoyed our stay and will certainly come back.
Wi-fi is too expensive!!Food is good but may be depends on the chef's mood!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms and the service provided to you was good. We look forward to being able to accommodation you again soon.
Gympie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed for several nights and found the location of this hotel to be very good. Very handy having the shops across the street. The rooms are old but fairly clean. Although, I did have a problem with the towels one day. The walls are thin and I did find that you could hear the people talking in the next room. I found the meals to be good one day and not so good the next day.Staff were friendly and the check in and out service fast and efficient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shilo N
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I have passed on your comments about the varying quality of food service you received to the Hotel Chef and will be meeting with the Housekeeping Department today to discuss the non replacement of your towels during your stay.
I trust you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After what was a very long & hot train journey from Sydney to Melbourne (12hours, no air con, lots of unscheduled stops) with my 5-year old daughter on one of the hottest days so far in 2013, we just couldnt go any further, which meant home (another 2hours away) was out of the question, but a close-to-train station hotel that was comfy and had air con was desperately needed!
What we got at Vibe Savoy in Melbourne was that and so much more than we had expected!
From the moment I called Vibe Savoy and made the small walk across the road from the train station to the time we left the next day we received amazing service from each staff member we encountered, the room we booked was upgarded for us to ensure we had plenty of space and comfort (and it was delightful and obviously very comfy as it was the first time my daughter has slept in till 9am in years!), a late dinner order was not a problem, the value for money was terrific and seeing I was struggling with 2 large bags and a very tired 5-year old doors were opened & bags carried for me from staff - they were brilliant!
The staff and the stay at Vibe Savoy saved the day - thankyou!
I am now looking forward to tagging on an overnight stay after each train journey

Room Tip: the sixth floor was perfect! not a sound from either inside or out!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichelleR1712
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for providing some great feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I was very pleased the entire experience for you and your family was delightful and we too look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next journey thru Melbourne.
Sollentuna, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The name Savoy promise much more than you get. This is an average business hotel with rooms that could use a face lift adn staff that could be less arrogant. I have stayed several times here but I have now stayed last time, just isn't worth the money.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't a room towards any of the two streets. Quite nosy late into the night
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LG4KL
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I was disappointed you did not appear to enjoy your stay on this occassion, and I apologise if the room allocated to you was noisy.
I would be happy to discuss your feedback in more detail if you would like to contact me at the hotel, as we would certainly like to win back your loyality and have you continue to stay with us.
I look forward to the opportunity to talk to you.