“Time changes many things” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

You added Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #41 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Geelong, Australia
“Time changes many things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at his hotel just after it opened as Vibe Savoy many years ago, it didn't leave me thinking that I wanted to rush back but I found a good last minute deal ($125 inc Full Buffet Breakfast and Late Checkout) and decided to try it again. I was not disappointed. It was a pleasant and stress free experience from check-in to check-out. I contacted the Hotel a couple of times prior to my stay (about Parking), the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Valet Parking is $30 for a 24hr period, in all honesty I didn't end up using the Hotel Car Park, I actually parked at Crown Casino, jumped on a tram (make sure you buy a ticket) outside Crown and jumped off outside the Hotel which is directly across from Southern Cross Station (perfect if your coming by train). I walked into the Hotel which is Art Deco style, it was very clean and furnished nicely in that style as was my Room. Customer Service from the Front Desk to the Restaurant and Bar Staff was Efficient and Friendly. The Buffet Breakfast was great, all the usual hot food plus pastries and even pancakes, my only complaint would be it could have been a bit hotter.
They have a sitting area outside their Bar which was lovely on a nice day, and a Happy Hour with some hot Finger Food
A great Location if your coming in by train, 10-15min walk to Crown Casino, Trams right outside the Hotel which take you into the Shopping District or a 15-20 min walk.
In summary, this is a really nice hotel with very good staff in a fairly central location.
And I look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Cheap, secure parking at Crown Casino.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brett Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Nothing but good things to say. Hotel spotless and staff pleasant, efficient and polite. The hotel is of the Toga Hospitality group and lives up to their name. Location excellent for Southern Cross Station . The closest hotel to Platforms 1&2 for the XPT Sydney train and the Overland to Adelaide and the Skybus to the airport.

Room Tip: Request lower floors for convenience
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We are happy you enjoyed the hotels great location and all the hotel has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

On arrival there was no-one to bring in our cases from the street although we had been promised porterage,
The bedroom was clean although quite small and the housekeeping was dreadful. The beds were not properly made and teabags not replaced. Not impressed by this hotel.Nowhere to get coffee on morning of departure,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. Allow me to apologise for not having your room made up correctly during your stay. I can assure you this is very much out of character for the hotel.
As a result I have personally addressed the housekeeping team, reminding them the importance of replenishing amenities and to ensure the room is presentable for all our guest upon their daily return.
We trust this experience does not tarnish your overall view of the hotel.
Regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Good comfortable hotel in inner city Melbourne, directly across from Southern Cross Rail Station. Staff friendly and welcoming. Good Buffet Breakfast. Free City Circle tram a few blocks away, ask the reception staff for directions. Excellent place to base yourself to see Melbourne.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide some great feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the great location the hotel has to offer and look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the Vibe Savoy on little Collins a few weeks ago while on a shopping trip to Melbourne. I had originally been staying on the other side of town at a hostel but last minute my partner flew down from Townsville to meet me and we wanted somewhere nicer to stay. Not only was the hotel able to provide a beautifully presented and clean room with a nice view of ETIHAD but I managed to get 2 nights for $270 aud on an online special on their web page! We had a lovely weekend! It was walking distance from everything and right across the road from the train station where the sky bus stops. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2012
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stay in Melbourne CBD quite often but have never really noticed this hotel right opposite Southern Cross Station. It is quite a find and I would say is the best hotel experience we've ever had in Melbourne. Fantastic value for money and we had the pleasure of being upgraded to an executive room right on the corner of Spencer & Little Collins. The room was spacious and clean, very comfy bed. Even though we were on the 4th floor there was no traffic noise from below, except when there were sirens. The staff were lovely, the valet parking very convenient, the lobby and bar area very stylish. You can't beat this location with trams and trains right outside the entrance. We will return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I will pass on your praise to the team which they will be greatful for. I am happy you enjoyed the spacious rooms, great service and the ideal location the hotel is placed in.
Look forward to seeing you again soon
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I arrived to the Vibe hotel on Thursday 8th March. My parents had arrived 2 days earlier and were very happy with the hotel. Reception were extremely helpful and offered to park our car in the hotel car park. Upon checkin we were told that unfortunately the hotel was overbooked so they had moved us to the master suite. We were of course delighted, the suite was the size of a city 2 bedroom apartment, sitting room, 2 bathrooms and kitchen. We met my parents in the hotel bar, the food was excellent and reasonably priced. The staff were very courteous and helpful. For anyone interested in shopping there is a shopping centre across the road beside the train station. I could not fault this hotel. I stayed there 4 years ago and it is just as good now as it was then. I would definitely recommend the Vibe and will 100% be staying there on my next visit to Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the master suite, and that you found the rest of the services provided to you very good.
We look forward to seeing you again soon