I stayed there recently with two others. Our room was very cramped, but was clean. It was definitely in need of an upgrade, but I was assured that this was being planned. The room was on the first floor facing the street and was quite noisy. The staff at reception could not have been more helpful and friendly. They were able to give advice about the trams and printed off information about other attractions for me. I didn't use the restaurant so have no comment to make about this area of the hotel. I don't think the air conditioner worked in the room, so I had to have the window open which made it noisier than it should have been.
My main gripe about the hotel was the cost of WIFI, which at 75c a minute (capped at $29.00 per day) was daylight robbery. Fortunately I found a cafe just down the road which had free WIFI so I was able to use that to keep up with business emails. This was a major headache for me and I really think the provision of cheap or free WIFI should be mandatory in a large hotel chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure North Melbourne is located on the edge of the CBD, just a short tram ride from the city of Melbourne. All of Melbourne's attractions are within easy access. The hotel offers 70 contemporary & comfortable rooms and suites, with King, Queen, Twin accommodation options available, all with en-suite bathrooms, LCD TV, Foxtel, Internet access, Fridge with mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel has a small plunge pool, and offers complimentary access to local private gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Mercure North Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Rydges North Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Rydges North Hotel