“Nice hotel. Quite, but good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

You added Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens to your Saves list
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Victoria
“Nice hotel. Quite, but good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a friend last september for a girls night out. We had a great time! There a a few nice pubs/bars in the area and the bar in the lobby had a good happy hour deal going. The hotel was nice, our room had a nice new LCD tv and a beautiful view of the park across the street. The staff were friendly, helpful and looked to enjoy there jobs (makes a big differnce). My parents have also stayed here (after I told them how much I liked it) and they too were impressed. Good place to star if you want to be close to the city attractions while still being in a nice quite area.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatieQ84

ROME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Both my partner and I spent 2 fabulous nights at this hotel and found the location to be ideal. We decide to have a shopping weekend and found that Queen Victoria Market right next door, DFO not even a 10 minute walk and Melbourne Central. We shopped till we dropped. We ate in the restaurants and talk about “WOW Factor”, the food was unbelievable and the service was A+. We decided to sleep in the following morning as the bed was so comfortable that we just did not want to get out. The room we had was a Guest Room and talk about value for money. You could not fault it all. Summing up the service from the staff made us feel so welcomed. We will be back again before the end of the year. Excellent service overall.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I stay there often, and not much changes on each trip to melbourne, always same staff, 2 kates both have blonde hair, that is a bit confusing but they are both great.
main point is service is always consistent.
would recommend , it is not 5 star, solid 4.5 property, prices alway good, use either there web sight , but i still prefer to call over phone more personal.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank PaxyReusch
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights.

Upon checking in we were given a room with two single beds. This was despite the fact we were clearly a couple and had requested a double bed. The attitude of the staff was dismissive at best.

I do not believe that we would have been treated in the same way had we not been a lesbian couple. I would not recommend the Radisson to any of the GLBTI community, or indeed anyone interested in the rights of the GLBTI community.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank SpectacleSal
Birmingham, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I specifically chose this hotel because of the reviews on tripadvisor and it is the first time tripadvisor has let me down.

The hotel was a bland chain with no soul. It billed itself in its own literature as a 4.5 star luxury hotel - I'd agree with the word hotel in that sentence and little else.

Reception was a dull affair with staff appearing to go through the motions, all very efficient but no warm welcome. Each day walking through the lobby went unacknowledged, we were of course just another guest, but if you want to bill yourself so high in your literature then you should make an effort to meet your own standards.

The room overlooked Flagstaff Gardens, a pleasant, busy, clean and safe open space (one of the wonders of Australia is that such spaces remain so whereas in other large cities around the world they can be places to be avoided especially after dark) just on the edge of the CBD. However the hotel itself is a little on the periphery of all things Melbourne, it's very handy for Queen Victoria Market but is out of the way for many of Melbourne's sights.

The room itself was a standard room with nothing to recommend it, it certainly didn't have any of the luxury that the brochure boasted of. It did have one major flaw. The worst bed I have ever slept in. When I ask for a double room, I like a double bed. This was clearly 2 singles pushed together with 2 very obviously seperate worn out mattresses. I can accept this in a budget hotel but not a 'luxury 4.5 star' hotel. It also highlights a lack of attention to detail at the hotel. This was further highlighted when we ordered a bottle of wine from the restaurant. The wine list was poor with little choice, surprising in a great wine producing region, and the bottle we had was the worst bottle of wine I had had in a long time. It typified the fact the the hotel had made no effort and just provided bland overpriced fare.

There will be better choices in Melbourne and I can see no reason to recommend a stay in such an uninspiring hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Rob7005b
Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

This is a perfectly ordinary hotel which is a little faded and could do with a bit of a makeover. Everything about the hotel is standard and frankly quite boring, but that's exactly what I was expecting from a Radisson. I thought the hotel was too far away from the centre of the city and was definitely overpriced. Breakfast was, like everything else, adequate. I thought the Valet parking was poor value at $25 a night. I'd definitely look for somewhere better next time I'm in Melbourne.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank declanjhayes
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

Me and my Mum picked this hotel for our 5 night stay in Melbourne partly after reading some of the reviews on this site, and we weren't disappointed. We arrived mid afternoon, check in was quick and easy, and despite just booking a few days before our special requests for a high floor and city view had been met. The room was very nice, it was immaculately clean, with 2 double beds, tv, seating area and very nice bathroom. The hotel is opposite Flagstaff gardens which are nice to have a stroll through, and about a 15 minute walk to the very centre of Melbourne's shopping area and Federation Square where there are some nice restaurants and the Visitor centre. The neighbourhood is nice and we felt perfectly safe walking to and from our destinations straight away. There is a tram stop about 20 metres from the front of the hotel, and Queen Victoria Markets are a 2 minute walk from the hotel- well worth a look!

The staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful. They were very friendly, and helped us organise the trips we wanted to take. The restaurant and bar staff were also very nice - friendly but professional. The breakfasts were really nice, and my Mum had a lovely meal one evening.

The hotel offers internet access next to the reception, and a fitness centre on the top floor. There is a small terrace up there too, on the day I went up it was too cold to sit out there, but you get a fabulous view of the city.

We had a wonderful time in Melbourne, and the great stay at this hotel definitely helped. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future, and I would reccommend it to others.

P.s There are some lovely restaurants down by the river, just across from Flinder's Street station, La Camera was a personal favourite!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family