“great location, comfy beds and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

You added Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens to your Saves list
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Special Offer
Book Early-save up to 20%
Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“great location, comfy beds and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson recently. We were given an upgrade to one of the business class rooms on the ninth floor which was a nice surprise as we were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. Check in and check out were carried out efficiently by the staff and they answered all of our questions promptly and politely. We both loved the bed, it was very comfortable to sleep in. We usually struggle to sleep well when away from home as no other bed ever feels quite like our own!
We would stay at the Radisson again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHongquanGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear TEA W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

I am pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Steve Finlayson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Manila,Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is located across flgastaff gardens. great view from our room.

Only problem is the service of the staff at the restaurant in the lobby.
They would attend to theirselves first prior to guests needs. Paid breakfast buffet for 2 days. you asked for coffee latte. and I saw one staff did her own latte and went inside the lkitchen bringing her own coffee. while we still had to wait for our coffee. It is unsightly to bring an employees food in front of the guests to see thinking she wasnt noticed. staff no extra effort to attend to guests.I reiterated my complain upon check out to Caroline front desk staff and she was so apologetic what happened.
another incident when you ask for catsup, water and other condiments you do it yourself , they dont want to get for you, what is the use of these staff if we have buffet as self service so they will just stand there and talk to each other?
I have been staying in radisson hotels, Cebu Philippines (very very good service) Radisson Lucerne too.
thanks.

Room Tip: rooms with a view of the garden.lovely.
Dear maria isabel c,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am sorry to read of the issues that occured during your stay. I can assure you that these comments have been circulated throughout the team.

Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was the most amazing stay I had in a long time .Starting from reception,Caitlin gave us a warm welcome and explained in detail the places to visit,mode of transport discount cards etc
Room provided was clean and had a wonderful view of the flagstaff garden.Bathroom was clean and had a separate bath area divided by a sliding glass door.
It would be wonderful if a shaving kit + toothbrush was provided even if it was charged which would be convenient for travellers if they arrived late at night .
we were in room 819 with multiple amenities like minibar with facilities for tea and coffee which was complimentary. A digital safe box was also provided which is easy to use .
LCD TV with multiple channels + pay channel was also available .
On 2nd day we were helped by Rachel Ku at reception who guided and marked places on the maps to visit .The reception staff were lovely and helpful throughout the 4 days including the boys (sorry cant remember the names )
A special mention of Espirita (I think),one of the housekeeping staff who took special care to show us how to get to spa and gym on 11th floor.
Free Wifi worked like a charm and even have facilities for internet with computer on the ground floor .Has a small gym and a nice spa but didnt get time to use it .
Lastly the staff were kind enough to give us a late checkoutof 12.30pm .Furthermore they kept our luggage for safe keeping till we came back after shopping and dinner late at night as we had a 2am flight .
In all , a wonderful experience at Radisson and will see us soon again

Room Tip: Our room was great with nice view out of the window .Quite and private
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHongquanGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear MAILRIQ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review.

It is pleasing to read that you had a memorable stay with us at the hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the staff mentioned and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stated at this hotel for the past 8 years, I have seen this place grow and stay on top, rooms are nice size, modern yet not overdone staff all helpful, great omelettes for breakfast, comfortable beds and great pillows, the hardest thing to work out here was which way to turn off the hot and cold water taps :) I like the vibe of this place. Good location to Victoria markets. Apart from a room service food issue ( prawns were fried so much they turned out crunchy) everything else was not too bad. I love the business shirt pressing service which is free. Overall nice place.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear CkmetroPhotos,

We appreciate the time you have taken to post a review on this site.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed yet another stay with us.

The issues that you have raised have also been circulated with the appropriate Manager's in order to further improve our service.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The service, cleanliness and facilities at this hotel are amazing. You'll feel like you're staying at the Hilton!
The staff are very welcoming, the rooms are sound proof, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are modern and clean, the view is amazing and the location is great.
The buffet breakfast is also worth trying. We rarely eat at hotel restaurants, but had dinner at HQs and it was delicious.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Business rooms on the 10th floor are lovely. The view over the gardens is nice. Though, I fully expe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rachel H,

It is great to read that you loved your stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been staying at the Radisson on Flagstaff for the last couple of years now, it’s the only place I stay when in Melbourne for business. The main reason is the dedicated team, they do a great job of making you feel welcome. The Front desk and concierge staff (especially Daryl) are very helpful and always smiling. HQ’s restaurant and bar in the hotel is a must, the menu has something for everyone and is changed just frequently enough. Mario the restaurant Manager and his team are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. I do hope the chef never takes the Local Seafood Marinara with crab bisque and Spaghettini off the menu as its awesome! All in all a hotel I look forward to staying at when in town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Flagstaff Gardens are lovely. Always clean and well presented.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear LCPearman,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

I am pleased to read that you continue to enjoy your time at the hotel and will be sure to circulate your kind comments with the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Overlooking the beautiful Flagstaff Gardens is a Motel that just keeps on keeping on. You're greeted at front desk by the very lovely Marissa who just wants to welcome you home, to your home away from home. Very genuine, sincere and welcoming. Then take a look at the restaurant and bar where Mario (Muzza) and Pete the magnificent ensure that you are treated like Royalty. Great food, great service and terrific relationship management. Now to the Concierge. Daryl (Dazza) is up around the best you'll come across. He actually took me on a walking tour of some close by lane ways showing me some incredible coffee shops, restaurants and places that one would never know existed. On his own time and at no cost. He loves his job, he explained and he loves looking after customers. Oh, and one last point, Dazza stood in the rain to hail me a taxi and noticed my shiny boots. He complimented me on how snappy they looked, then said "I can do better". He insisted I took a seat whilst he spit polished my boots, free of charge and he certainly proved his point. Love the Radisson, but love the staff more. Written by Kevin Cleland

Room Tip: Trust the staff
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear KCleland,

Thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review on this site.

I am pleased to read that you continue to enjoy your regular stays with us and we too agree that our staff are second to none.

We look forward to welcoming you again shortly.

Steve Finlayson

Been to Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens? Share your experiences!