“Great hotel in a good location in Melbourne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

You added Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens to your Saves list
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #9 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Kyabram, Australia
“Great hotel in a good location in Melbourne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Firstly got this hotel at a great Seniors price for Melbourne and noticed recently it has been on deals of the day for even a cheaper price! Normal price is just out of my retired income to pay.

We came to this hotel on a Friday and found that there was a Happy Hour (which ran for 2 hours). $1.00 champagne and $4.00 wine - don't know the price for beer with finger food passed around very occasionally.
The Staff at this hotel from the Bar Staff to the Reception staff and Service Staff were wonderful, polite, interested and helpful.
The room was great and was nicely furnished and comfortable.

We did not have breakfast here as this was out of our normal price range for one egg!! (which is all I can eat in a morning).

The spa area at the top of the hotel was beautiful, and the view at night of Melbourne would be spectacular. But if you had mobility issues it would be difficult to get to. Unfortunately I did not bring my bathers, so cannot comment on the water quality, heat etc.

Really enjoyed this hotel and the proximity to the Queen Vic. market. It is also an easy ride on the tourist tram or up on the William streeet from Southbank etc.

Unfortunately at 7.00 am there was a 15 minute fire alarm which was quite concerning. After we got dressed and proceeded downstairs, we were informed to stay in our rooms until further information. Apparently this was a fault, but the noise was deafening and resulted in us trying to block our ears with tissues!! ;) This was the only problem that we had whilst at the hotel.

I have been to a few places in Melbourne and this is one that I will be coming back to. In fact I have booked again in August when I am off overseas. The airport bus does a pick up from this hotel and takes you to the airport for $17.00.

Room Tip: A park view room would be nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My stay at the Radisson was very pleasant. Its in a good location for the city, within walking distance to most of Melbourne's attractions. The room was clean and spacious and the free internet access is a welcome change from most Australian hotels! on the 10th floor is a small gym, jacuzzi and sun deck, all of which seemed very under used - great! I was the only one there most days! the view from the sun deck over Flagstaff Gardens is worth a look. The only downside is the car parking, they charge 40 dollars a day for valet parking!! or you can do it yourself in the car park around the corner which the hotel has a deal with for 25 dollars per 25 hours. You can park in the taxi rank outside the hotel while they direct you. One consideration is the other car parks, VIP parking which are on the left of the hotel were charging just 15 dollars per 24 hours, seems its worth asking the privately owned car parks for a deal. You'll need some change to park on the street while you do this though!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights on separate occasions to catch our flights back home. The pluses - nice and clean, a friendly welcome from reception staff, comfy bed, close to main town. The minuses - every time we ordered anything from reception, such as ice, or a porter to collected our cases, they took *ages*. On both occasions I had to phone down after 25 minutes to find out what the delay was. Also, on the second visit, we arrived at around 6.30 pm and no porter to came out to help up with our cases. When one did finally appear, he helped my husband rather than me - super! On checking out, we left our cases at the desk as our transport wasn't going to arrive for a few hours. However, when we returned, we found the luggage had been taken back up to the room. Unbelievable! Just needs a closer Managment eye...

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here with our parents and toddler. We found the rooms to be modern, spacious and comfortable. We had room on 9th floor with view of the park. recommend paying extra for park view. Beds were medium to firm which we loved. great air con. The staff were exceptional - very friendly, helpful and available for advice without any attitude. The omelettes chef at breakfast was particularly helpful with our son. My husband loved the gym and we used the jacuzzi almost everyday. Would recommend staying here, the only downfall is most of restaurants are 10 plus min walk away.

• Stayed March 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel could not be easier, it's in walking distance to many shops and monuments and it has a train station right opposite!

The staff at the Radisson were very helpful, the hotel well kept and clean and the free Internet was great too!

My only complaint would be that the night time room service is very limited - not even fries! As a vegan this meant that there was nothing for us to eat and the suggestion of "call back in 6 hours or go to McDonald's" was not at all appreciated!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens for a business trip to Melbourne. I had a friend join me in the room halfway through my stay so that we could visit the Melbourne airshow.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating - re-configuring the room to suit the additional guest.

The room was spotless and comfortable - everything I needed and nothing that I didn't.

Although the location is not central CBD, I find it to be a nice part of town - just across from Flagstaff gardens and an easy walk to the CBD or Docklands.

I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked through Jestar, this was our getaway long weeked.

Nice spaciouls room. Even though we paid very low rate, asked for and got a park view King Size Bed room NC. Buffet Breaky pre-paid at $22 was great value also and set us up for the day.

The only minor downer is that it is a little out of the CBD (Up near Vic Markets which is a great place to visit) but a 5 minute walk soon clears out the cob-webs and gets you into the guts of Melbourne proper. There's no real outdoor area to relax in, but you can wander over to the park instead.

Staff were pleasant, helpful and not too intrusive,

Best way of summing it up ? I would stay there again in preference to other hotels I have stayed at in Melbourne (and to be honest, that's most of them.....)

Rooms are fully serviced with FTA TV and basic subscription TV chanels.

Room Tip: Yes, well, as everuyyone else says - ask for a park view room. There's an IGA down the street to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens? Share your experiences!